WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full disclosure, I am a big Bremont fanboy. It doesn't hurt that one of my best friends works for the company, has been to Henley-On-Thames to do the full Bremont training and can't talk highly enough of the company overall. He's worked for Rolex, Omega and Moser so that is high praise indeed. I've met Giles and Nick, the heads of Bremont and they seem to be great blokes.

IMG_20200114_165910.jpg

Anyhow, the Bremont Endurance is one of my favorite watches sold to me by my friend and worn daily. Seen here on a Sinn ZULU. It has a titanium, 500m trip-tick case with the groovy GMT hand which is the titanium version of the S500 diver they have. It is also one of the Bremont line with the anti-shock case (the same anti-shock tech as the Martin Baker watches) which has been tested to extremes of shock.

I've been wearing it for the last couple of weeks pretty much exclusively and thought that I would check the accuracy on WatchCheck - as I normally do. I've worn it surfing or diving daily plus have run quite a few kilometers in it so it has been shaken up quite a bit.

Well, you can see the results below:
Screenshot_20200115-164628.png

Honestly, it can't get much better than that. That is better than the accuracy in most quartz watches.

Now I know Bremont watches are expensive, but my friend told me how long they take to regulate each watch before packing and sending. I thought it was a bit of marketing fluff, but I'm pretty well convinced now.

I really do love the dial and hands though they might not be for everyone. Good lume too.

·
Premium Member
6,789 Posts
I'm confident John, you followed through, great looking piece...all the best mate
Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Beautiful looking watch, I've not been much of a bremont fan but there are a few pieces that really look sharp, I'll add this to that list.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32,476 Posts
Great looking watch.

Glad it is performing well for you.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it's performing better than could be expected.

Don't know if it is a true diver, since it has a bidirectional bezel but I've found it more than sufficient. As more than one thread has pointed out, 500m of water resistance does not a dive watch make.

Might not be to everyone's tastes, but I love the orange accents as well. Doesn't hurt that the whole sapphire bezel is lumed as well.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I quite like the looks of it but don't think it would work for me with a 6.5 inch wrist. Looks great though! Enjoy!

·
Registered
268 Posts
They are pretty well regulated. I bought the Alt1 and have been thinking about switching it out for the Endurance, but it’s just such a fat watch, I doubt it’d fit under shirt cuffs. How do you find it wears with shirts?

Here’s my tracking data — but be mindful that it’s timing is likely due to serendipitous chrono use:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, it makes it under my button-up cuff and doesn't make the cuff too tight. It is pretty thick and it does bang on things from time to time but I also find it quite comfortable. It's only just 43mm at the bezel, the case itself is less than 40 and the back is quite domed, so it sits nicely on my skinny wrist. It is probably 15mm high at the top of the domed sapphire, but the case and bezel are downward-sloped so it does seem to fit under work clothes.

I think the reason it seems so chunky is the short lugs. If it had downward-sloping but longer lugs I'm sure it wouldn't look so thick. I've got a Bremont bracelet coming in the mail which I hope will fit well.

Turns out I'm wearing it right now, on a matte Staib mesh so here are some pics of it hiding under my work shirt.

Here is a side shot, does look a bit thick
IMG_20200601_103849.jpg

Going
IMG_20200601_103931.jpg

Going
IMG_20200601_103927.jpg

Gone!
IMG_20200601_103915.jpg

I should be a wrist model

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it seems that yesterday was a lucky day. The titanium bracelet for the Endurance arrived last night from the UK. Here is how it looks, really lovely satin finish. Quite a nice bracelet although it was super hard to unscrew the loctited bracelet screws.

IMG_20200602_114733.jpg

IMG_20200602_114734.jpg

IMG_20200602_114754.jpg

IMG_20200602_114742.jpg

IMG_20200602_114749.jpg

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Nice. If kept close to fully wound, my North Flag is almost as accurate as my G-Shock. Even at the end of its power reserve it's within 3 seconds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts