WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take the plunge and order the Bremont MB Savanna having never seen it in person. I’d been looking to add a pilot’s watch to my collection and this latest MB version really caught my attention. However, there’s only so much you can glean online from photos and videos so it was with some trepidation that I opened the box today…

Fortunately, I’m delighted with the watch! I love the colour scheme of the dial, case and strap, and the coating on the titanium case is really nice (and doesn’t seem to be a fingerprint magnet thanks to the matt finish).

The domed sapphire anti-reflective crystal is very clear and doesn’t distort the dial, and the twin crowns are a delight to operate - one for the usual time setting stuff and the other for rotating the inner bezel (which has a glorious click action to it!).

The strap is a beefy rubber affair but is quite supple and wraps around my 6.75” wrist very well. The colour is perfect for this watch, especially if you happen to be on a desert mission!

The watch itself is 43mm across but isn‘t too tall so wears well, coupled with the lightness of the titanium case and the short lugs that curve into your wrist. Water resistance is 100m.

Inside is the what Bremont call the B–36AE automatic chronometer movement and is ETA based, with a 38 hour power reserve.

Finally, like all MB models, the watch undergoes the same testing as the Martin Baker ejection seats including live ejection, vibration, altitude, extreme temperature and even aircraft carrier deck testing! It’s pretty tough!

And now some pics - hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great review and pics. Thanks for sharing. Please let us know about the durability of the coating. How does it compare to DLC? Is it surface hardened? I love the looks and have an MB myself, but I wonder about how tough the coating is. Cheers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great review and pics. Thanks for sharing. Please let us know about the durability of the coating. How does it compare to DLC? Is it surface hardened? I love the looks and have an MB myself, but I wonder about how tough the coating is. Cheers.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pics.
It‘s too early for me to tell how durable the coating is but according to a Bremont video it should be very good in this respect. I’ll update this thread if I get any scratches!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts