WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry about double post but someone suggested moving this here.
Hi I need help identifying this watch which is on auction. Info given is insides read Breguet HSPG 15 Jewel 801 3 ADJS. Its described as a Male 44mm stainless watch with acylic cystal and blue hands from 1930'S - 40'S.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
A pic of the movement would help.

The hands look like they do not belong to this watch.
I am not sure if a venerable manufacturer like Breguet would put a pic of a plane on the dial.
I am not sure if any "commisioned" watch would have a sub dial that cut into he minute track the way it is done on this dial.
It was all about quick and precise readability.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Breguet HSPG refers to the hairspring. This is not a Breguet. Many watches have a Breguet overcoil hairspring, not the least of which is Rolex, but you will find them in Gruens, and pocketwatches. It is named, of course, after A.L. Breguet. A lot of things are, in watchmaking, but Breguet didn't develop most of them from scratch. He refined and patented many works from others. This is actually a case in point. E. Phillips and Lossier originally developed the overcoil design, but didn't take it the extra mile.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Agree that hands look improper-they seem to long for this dial.If watch is 44mm in diameter,this could easy be a pocket watch movement.And the non-magnetic sign on the dial could sugest 1950s as well as 1930s.

Pieces of the movement would help a lot.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think the dial design is quite different!
No 3 and 9 !!

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I think the dial design is quite different!
No 3 and 9 !!
or 11-1-5-[6]-7. Its actually a pretty common style in the 40s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts