WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While recently looking for a new watch, I noticed that I quite liked some of the more classic germasian watches (trias, newton&sons).

But knowing they are of pretty poor quality, I decided not to buy a trias.

However, I recently stumbled on what appears to be another germasian brand: Breytenbach. I say 'Appears to be', because not much can be found about it. I'm not really sure if this is good or bad, because people talk a lot more about trias. :think:

Either way, can someone tell me if breytenbach is just as bad as the rest of them, or if their QC is a tad higher?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the point: It's near spotless, but quite a lot of webstores sell it.
this website even says it's the official distributor of Breytenbach watches.. Why say that if it's a germasian brand? :S

G

·
Breytenbach is as much as germasian as Trias is, same movement, same cases, same hands, same pushers, same..........................

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
this website even says it's the official distributor of Breytenbach watches.. Why say that if it's a germasian brand? :S
My guess is they say what they say because it makes them seem more important to an unsuspecting consumer. Beginning Marketing 101.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
Why do they say they are the official distributor?? Because they probably are and because it makes them feel good about themselves. Whether they are the official or unofficial distributor doen't change what the watch is...and isn't.

G

·
Well, being the official distributor of Breytenbach, a no name watch brand with chinese origin, does not mean anything to me.

All the look-a-likes:

Lindberg & Sons
Bovalier
Wagner since 1948 (some chronos with the ST 1901)
MZI
Graf von Monte Wehro
Yves Camani
Lukado
Spirit of Marine
Meisterzeit (not to be mixed up with Wempe Zeitmeister !)
Labor
Goldberg
Meisterkrone
Royal Swiss
Lindberg & Goldmann (they pretend to be mounted by Laco, haha)
Jacques Catani
Detomaso
Forestier
Medor
Ador
Anno1827
Gustyn Germany
Alado
Louis Dubath
Calvaneo
Chronos
Minoir