WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A friend of mine is looking to buy a christmas gift for her husband. I suggested a bracelet for a Superocean (A17364) he just bought. She liked the idea, can anyone tell me if there are any high quality aftermarket bracelets out there or should we just stick with a stock Brietling bracelet. She liked the mesh style bracelet off the superocean heritage - would that fit the standard superocean?

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hey Jack
To be honest the Oem bracelet is worth the extra $$ they are made extremely well and def add more value to the watch itself, the mesh tends to look better on the more dressier SOH and with that being said I Hardly ever see any regular SO on mesh .
I used to own the same watch and looked awesome on the Pro 2 and the Pro 3 bracelets , they are both unique in their own right , but find out what one he would like more , since they both can be pretty pricey but worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32,391 Posts
Breiting bracelets, both the Pro I and II, are very well made and very comfortable on the wrist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently have a SOH 46 and regularly cycle through the following straps:
Ocean Classic Mesh Bracelet
Leather (white piping) Strap
Rubber Caoutchouc Straps

All dependant on what I'm mostly doing that week. As @Davidgt said the Ocean Classic is more of dressier bracelet, I'm currently working in the middle east so have switched to the rubber strap, when working back in the UK I generally use my leather strap.

A quick google of the super ocean model number you have posted has shown that the lug width is 20mm, the Ocean Classic Mesh model number 171A would fit(20mm reducing to 18mm).

For information, I bought my watch with the Ocean Classic Bracelet, picked up the leather strap from an Authorised Dealer in Cyprus and managed to get a decent deal on eBay for a brand new rubber strap.

It is also worth investing in a decent spring bar tool, I went for the Bergeon 6767-F tool, fantastic quality. Others go for a 6111 tool for use with leather straps but I have had no problems with a 6767-f.

A final point, there is a significant increase in cost between going for a deployment clasp strap over the regular tang style buckle.

So to summarise, yes I believe a 171A Ocean Racer Bracelet will fit the Superocean but please research this to confirm, hope this helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stick with the Breitling bracelet.... It is going to cost an arm and a leg, but I just can't put an after market piece on an expensive watch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel the same about not using after market stuff. I would only buy aftermarket leather straps.

What does a brietling steel bracelet go for, about $700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts