WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which one to last the Ages both for fashion and durability

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stuck, This will be my first "Luxury Watch" and I want to make it count for years to come. Help me out folks!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Super Avenger...with a brown leather strap.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Just so happens that I have/had both exact watches you desire.
Sold the Omega, Kept the Breitling Super Avenger.
I would LOVE (the Omega was AWESOME!) to have kept both, but this hobby is very mysterious some times in the turn of events dept. :-d
I love the beauty, and size of the Super Avenger so much...I just bought the black dial/baton stick markers version as well, that is incoming..

Here is my pic of the Omega and Breitling for you to compare side-by-side ~Dave

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I bought the Super Avenger with the white dial (on Pro II) and have never looked back. It's a superb watch..

cheers,
Jake.

·
Banned
661 Posts
I'll go against the current (no pun intended) and say get the Planet Ocean. I think it's a beautifully designed and built watch, whereas the Breitling had always struck me as being a tad overdesigned. But that's strictly a matter of personal preference; you really can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I hope nobody things I'm being churlish when I say this (I'm very new here) but it would be really helpful if people posted up the pictures of the options they want to discuss!

In the spirit of brotherhood I have dug out a couple of pics from the internet:

Elias%20Grad_______________Super%20Avenger%20016.jpg

22105000-30.jpg

For me it would be the Planet Ocean by a wide margin.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
I hope nobody things I'm being churlish when I say this (I'm very new here) but it would be really helpful if people posted up the pictures of the options they want to discuss!
Agreed 100% I often add pics to threads. I might update my sig with 'One can't ogle without pictures' or something snappier.

For me it would be the Planet Ocean by a wide margin.
Likewise - the Breitling is a bit loud for me.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm suprised to see the ling getting some votes, I guess the omega camp is still at work

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Breitling...Post pics of the final decision. White faces are cool.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Breitling...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Photos asked for so....

OP this is your watch if your wrist can handle it. Excuse the watermark...best photo I could find in a hurry. This is NOT a Jomashop endorsement.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I am a huge Breitling fan and have owned many different models over the years and still have a couple, but I've never really been a fan of the SA. And I've never owned an Omega, but the POC is one of my long awaiting purchases.
So I personally would go for the Omega out of these two choices. It has a much more long term design to me.
Looking forward to seeing your choice !

·
Registered
375 Posts
As an owner of both a Planet Ocean and a Super Avenger, I can say that if you're looking for a timeless look that you won't tire of, you may want to get the PO. I love my Super Avenger, but it's rather heavy so I have to take it off a few times even though I'm pretty big (6'6" 275 pounds). It can also garner a lot of attention both negative and positive whereas my PO has the ability to fly under the rader even though it's ORANGE (!).

It all depends on your taste and they're both great watches but if I were forced to choose between the two, as much as I love my Breitling, I'd keep my PO first. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
PO.
The B looks unbalanced with the subdials all on one side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts