WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just bought an atomic solar g-shock from someone....watch looks to be in great condition. I bought it knowing the battery was completely dead, as soon as I got it, I opened it up and put it under a lamp (it's already dark outside) the watch is now working, well it's showing the time, any button I press won't do anything, it's just basically working as a timer right now (time says 1:30 because it's been under the light for an hour and a half) also the charge "chg" icon is blinking and the watch isn't even registering at low charge yet. I just wanted to know how long this thing is gonna take to get a "low charge" going, and also how long until I can use the functions on this watch.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
371 Posts
With it being THAT dead and not having sunlight, I would honestly say it will take a long while to get going, I had this problem a few months back and it took all night to get started to where I could use the functions.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm....that stinks, but from what i'm looking at with my watch, I can totally see that. I guess one day isn't that bad, I just want to play with it right now because I just received it! :/

·
Registered
371 Posts
hmmm....that stinks, but from what i'm looking at with my watch, I can totally see that. I guess one day isn't that bad, I just want to play with it right now because I just received it! :/
I was the exact same way lol, I wanted to play around with it sooo bad but had to wait till the next morning but then it was on haha! I couldn't put it down..

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Which model?

Neil

·
Registered
204 Posts
Which model?

Neil
Yeah its important knows wich model,some older tough solars never came back to life, the CTL 1616 need to be replaced by a new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your fine under a bulb it will probably take at least 12 hours to go from dead to medium charge in the sunlight it would probably take about six hours so leave it charging then wear it all day tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks. I hope the bulb doesn't melt though if I keep it on when I goto sleep. I think it's either a 40w or 60w lightbulb in a simple desklamp.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
A GW-9000 Five Eyes will charge properly. It's not from the first generation Tough Solar Waveceptors. It was actually the first of the 2nd generation if I recall right (just out of bed, brains need to warm up :-d)

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
thanks Sjors, and Cal, is that one week/8hours total?...or 8 hours per day?
According to the manual: http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw3050.pdf

it will take 166 HOURS of sunlight through a window to fully charge the GW-9000. Think about that ... 166 HOURS.

So, don't expect it to charge to any significant level when left under a light bulb overnight. Just give it LOTS of sun as often as you can for the next couple of weeks.

HTH

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I got hold of a NOS G-2300DM that was completely dead, no response, nothing showing on the display at all... I just left it on a sunny windowsill (south-facing here in the UK), and forgot about it, I think it was about 2 weeks later, it came back to life! I pressed the mode button and the display came up, but still nothing operable

This behaviour was consistent with the manual descriptions, when it's in low power mode, many functions are disabled - all that was back in May I think... now the battery is on full after a decent dose of summer sun :)

Give it some time and be patient and your G will be out of its hibernation :)

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
now the battery is on full after a decent dose of summer sun :)
Decent dose of summer sunshine???

Where abouts in the UK are you?? Here in Northern Ireland we've just had the wettest, dullest summer since, well... the last one! :-d

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...When I woke up this morning, the watch was still under the lamp, and the charge was at medium believe it or not! All functions working as of right now. I went out to run a couple of errands and took the sucker with me to get some sun, now I'm back at home, and I have it on the kitchen table getting some rays from the sun through the window. I'll try to either keep it in sunlight or under a lamp constantly for at least the next week. Quick question, I just asked this in another thread, but since everybody reading this one, knows which watch I'm talking about (mudman gw9000) I have a question regarding the light, on a lot of my g-shocks, you can change the light duration between 1.5 and 3 seconds. I was trying to do that earlier, couldn't find where that option was located in the setup, read the manuel, didn't find anything on it, and I've been told I don't have that option for this watch. I'm kind of shocked! I've had this watch in the past, and I thought that was definitely an option. Can someone please confirm or deny if changing the light's duration between 1.5 and 3 seconds is an option or not.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
Well...When I woke up this morning, the watch was still under the lamp, and the charge was at medium believe it or not! All functions working as of right now. I went out to run a couple of errands and took the sucker with me to get some sun, now I'm back at home, and I have it on the kitchen table getting some rays from the sun through the window. I'll try to either keep it in sunlight or under a lamp constantly for at least the next week. Quick question, I just asked this in another thread, but since everybody reading this one, knows which watch I'm talking about (mudman gw9000) I have a question regarding the light, on a lot of my g-shocks, you can change the light duration between 1.5 and 3 seconds. I was trying to do that earlier, couldn't find where that option was located in the setup, read the manuel, didn't find anything on it, and I've been told I don't have that option for this watch. I'm kind of shocked! I've had this watch in the past, and I thought that was definitely an option. Can someone please confirm or deny if changing the light's duration between 1.5 and 3 seconds is an option or not.
thanks.
A couple things:

First, please remember that the charge indicators on your watch - the "L, "M," and "H" - are threshold indicators. This means that, for example, the "M" indicator first displays when the battery charge first enters the Level 2 zone. In the case of your watch, the watch will require an additional 126 HOURS of the equivalent of sunlight through a window before it will first display the "H" indicator. And then, after the watch displays "H" it will require the equivalent of an ADDITIONAL 35 HOURS of sunlight through a window before the watch is fully charged.

In other words, when your watch goes from totally dead to first displaying the "M" indicator, it is at ONLY 3.6% OF FULL CHARGE. You still need a LOT MORE light.

Second, it appears you do not have the ability to adjust the duration of the illumination.

HTH

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts