WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until recently, I've only ever really owned Seamasters and had a general appreciation for the regular Speedmasters. I saw this Speedmaster Broad Arrow and fell in love! I had never heard of this line or seen this particular reference but I saw it and had to have it. There don't seem to be many of these on the market from what I've seen!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I don’t recall seeing that variation before, but it certainly has some eye catching details. Enjoy!

Nigel

·
Registered
689 Posts
Up until recently, I've only ever really owned Seamasters and had a general appreciation for the regular Speedmasters. I saw this Speedmaster Broad Arrow and fell in love! I had never heard of this line or seen this particular reference but I saw it and had to have it. There don't seem to be many of these on the market from what I've seen!

View attachment 15843165 View attachment 15843166
View attachment 15843167
Looks awesome! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the same watch (black dial) and I absolutely love it -- especially on a NATO strap which really compliments the Geneva stripes beautifully. It also uses the 3313 which is a real gem of a movement. Column wheel chronograph with a vertical clutch, free-sprung balance and, at least on mine with version C of the movement, three-level co-axial escapement. The chronograph is a joy to use and mine has been absolutely rock-solid in the years I've owned it. Not to mention that the base movement (the F. Piguet caliber 1285) was used in watches from the likes of Vacheron Constantin and Audimars Piguet costing many, many times more than our humble Frankenspeedies.

Extremely accurate, robust and, while some Speedy purists look down at the "bastardized" nature of the thing, well-executed and beautiful to behold in my opinion. The broad arrow hands. The red-tipped sub-hands. The honeycomb sub-dials. The step dial. The applied logo and Arabic numerals. No other watch in my collection gets the attention or comments this one does. Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same watch (black dial) and I absolutely love it -- especially on a NATO strap which really compliments the Geneva stripes beautifully. It also uses the 3313 which is a real gem of a movement. Column wheel chronograph with a vertical clutch, free-sprung balance and, at least on mine with version C of the movement, three-level co-axial escapement. The chronograph is a joy to use and mine has been absolutely rock-solid in the years I've owned it. Not to mention that the base movement (the F. Piguet caliber 1285) was used in watches from the likes of Vacheron Constantin and Audimars Piguet costing many, many times more than our humble Frankenspeedies.

Extremely accurate, robust and, while some Speedy purists look down at the "bastardized" nature of the thing, well-executed and beautiful to behold in my opinion. The broad arrow hands. The red-tipped sub-hands. The honeycomb sub-dials. The step dial. The applied logo and Arabic numerals. No other watch in my collection gets the attention or comments this one does. Congratulations and enjoy!
Very, very well said!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
mp_chronorides,
Great looking Omega! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy! Vance.

Reactions: mp_chronorides
1 - 9 of 9 Posts