WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having started a new business less than a year ago (talk about right timing! :-(), I don't have any watch budget at the moment. But some opportunities are too good to pass... So when I finally found a Lorenz Crono Sub, a chronograph that had been eluding me for the last 4 years, I couldn't resist. Besides, a Lemania 5100 chrono for less than 300 € is always a good deal!

·
Registered
Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.13.001) & Omega Speedmaster MK4.5 (176.0012)
545 Posts
Nice! :-!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Pascal,
very nice watch you got there for a hell of a price :-!
They pop up in the bay now and then but always for higher prices.
I really like the look a bit of everything and still independant.
What´s the size of it?:think:

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Hard place to be Pascal - trust the new arrival makes it a happy place though. Looks great on you.

Nigel

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Congrats Pascal.
It looks like a 5513 with a 5100 engine. And for less of 300 euros it's a bargain.

Regards
Dimitris

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
helluva pickup mate! well done

·
Registered
199 Posts
Pretty exclusive club --->

Funny, I just picked this one up for a very reasonable sum a couple of weeks ago. Just a perfect package with my favorite movement.

Nice pickup. If you get any info on this model, feel free to email me. I become a bit of a whore for info on rare models I own.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Re: Pretty exclusive club --->

Funny, I just picked this one up for a very reasonable sum a couple of weeks ago.
Very nice black on black example, though the absence of the tachy chapter ring makes the dial seems a bit undersized in my opinion.

Lorenz has made several models of chronographs with calibre 5100. The Crono Sub is actually my second one in my current Lemania stable, and I briefly had another one that I sold a few years ago.

My first Lorenz was bought at the very beginning of my Lemania 5100 addiction. The watch was nice, but I came to dislike a few of its details. The gold was a bit too blingy for my tastes, and the crown and pushers felt pretty cheap compared with the overall quality of the watch. I sold it after a few months to finance other watch purchases.

A few months later, I won a Crono Sub in an eBay auction, only to have the seller change his mind and refuse to sell the watch to me. Hence my long quest for one which finally ended last week after a few more unfortunate episodes. But in the meantime I had another opportunity to get reacquainted with the brand.

Just over a couple of months ago, I stumbled upon an auction for a watch I just couldn't pass on. Not only was it a lovely chronograph, but it's dial layout reminded me of several discussions I had had with the late Chuck Maddox about "black-eyed" Lemania chronographs as he liked to call them. Seeing this watch, I was pretty sure that Chuck would have wanted it, and I absolutely had to get it in his memory. As a matter of fact, I always refer this chronograph as Chuck's Lorenz.

In my opinion, this Italian brand is largely ignored by collectors, and yet they made some lovely Lemania 5100 chronographs that deserve a bit more recognition.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: Pretty exclusive club --->

You say undersized, I say pure. A true dive chrono would not distract with a tachy ring, but I actually do like it (the tachy ring, that is). So many variations on the theme for the Lorenz chronos and truly underappreciated - just the way I like my watches.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The dressiest 5100 I ever saw !!
Dressiest? You should try the Paul Picot Telemark for size! :-d ;-)

Speaking of size, the Telemark is also the smallest Lemania 5100 chrono ever made at just under 37mm without the (tiny) crown. I sold mine (pictured above) because it just didn't look right on my massive wrist. But I was happy to have owned this unusual chronograph, even for just a short while...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts