WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I current ha e a yobokies moddes seiko monster i bought from him 4 years ago ,after 4 months it stopped working since then ive just left it in a draw and would like to get it fixed. Basically after I give it a few taps it works for about 40 seconds but after stops regardless of how much tapping I do to it . I'm after advice I'd imagine it's gonna cost me the same to get it serviced or fixed as a new movement if not more ?how hard is it for a newb to replace the movement I don't have any watch modding experience but would like to start so I'm assuming this could be a good way to start?also would it be easy to but a better movement in or should I just replace like for like ?if so any links to people that sell the 7s26 movement?thanks
uploadfromtaptalk1464594907919.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Remove the bracelet, remove the case back, see if anything is blocking the rotor. You could also post a picture of the movement. A new one sets you back 50$.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the bracelet, remove the case back, see if anything is blocking the rotor. You could also post a picture of the movement. A new one sets you back 50$.
Thanks i need to buy some tools to do that Il order some today .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheres that from mate I'm in England but that don't matter

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Wheres that from mate I'm in England but that don't matter
It would be much higher in Europe. Cousins UK has a good price for a 4R15 with 50 hours power reserve, is a direct swap as the stem is the same. Most people buys a cheapest watch to replace just the mov.t. You should have it looked by a local watchmaker first, you can also contact your mod provider for swap, etc.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
A terribly poor choice for a first project but its a good excuse to take the plunge assuming you have good vision and at least average physical dexterity and mechanical aptitude.

Google Nic Hacko 7s26.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Hi,

Since this is getting some power to run for a few seconds, i suspect the rotor has an issue and does not fully turns.

If you like the watch, get yourself a cheap Seiko SNK809 (7s26 movement inside) for about 55$ new or even less used. Get the movement inside, require some skills and tools or about 20 minutes from a competent watchmaker. Swap the movements and resell the broken 7s26 on ebay (will fetch about 20-25$) and then the SNK809 case and parts on ebay 9new dial, hands, case, etc) for again a few bucks.....Can't get cheaper than this for a service, I just got one of my ETA 2824 fully serviced and it costed me 200$!!

S.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
If you like the watch, get yourself a cheap Seiko SNK809 (7s26 movement inside) for about 55$ new or even less used.
As mentioned.. the OP is not in the US (not everyone is), so can't access the low US prices.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A terribly poor choice for a first project but its a good excuse to take the plunge assuming you have good vision and at least average physical dexterity and mechanical aptitude.

Google Nic Hacko 7s26.
I'm sure il be capable to be fair I've watched quiet a few videos and what's the worst that can happen I brake the broken watch.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
As mentioned.. the OP is not in the US (not everyone is), so can't access the low US prices.
Not needed to be in the US...a quick look on ebay shows a few SNK from Singapore at these low, low prices.

I'm in Canada and bought at least 2 without problems. They take their sweet time to ship however...

S.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Not needed to be in the US...a quick look on ebay shows a few SNK from Singapore at these low, low prices.
I'm in Canada and bought at least 2 without problems. They take their sweet time to ship however...
VAT (20% for the UK) and customs handling is charged in Europe for goods coming from non-EU areas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts