WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Remove the back and module. Take the battery off the module. Put everything in a ziplock bag with desiccant for a few days.
This should remove moisture and may correct the problem.
The moisture itself is seldom the problem. It's the salts, minerals and other biological stuff that post the largest problems for electronics. And they're not absorbed by anything, unfortunately.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am actually shocked at how durable cheap watches are.
My son has been wearing a chinese 'sports watch' for a couple years now. He is not a watch lover like me and says he is wearing it as it works fine. I am itching to get him a G-Shock when it stops working. The Battery may be going because when you press the back light the dial goes blank. The cost of a quality new battery is possibly the same as the cost of the watch I just dont know how they do it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
View attachment 16629789
My beater watch started going crazy after a 3ish hour swim in the beach and pool. IDK any fixes so I came here. any advice on how to fix?
I'm in no way being snarky or condescending. I've always been told that water resistant means it will survive a hand washing or a splash but not being subjected to long periods of time in the water.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I'm in no way being snarky or condescending. I've always been told that water resistant means it will survive a hand washing or a splash but not being subjected to long periods of time in the water.
Even that guidance goes out the door for a $4 thrift store watch.
I have several AliExpress Casio knock-offs and I wouldn't dare too get them wet in any way.

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
So you are declaring that all watches, across the board without exception can only be exposed to "...handwashing or a splash but not being subjected to long periods of time in the water..."? Are you sure you understand what 'water resistance' means and how it's rated? 'Cause I don't think you do

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
no harm opening it up and letting it dry out, even clean it with fresh water, but it’s probably not worth the time and effort. I would replace, and better yet, get one that’s more reliably water resistant like a simple g shock.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
When an LCD gets looking like that, I've rarely seen them come back.
The only effort left reasonable to spend at this point is to drop it into the trash.

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
View attachment 16629789
My beater watch started going crazy after a 3ish hour swim in the beach and pool. IDK any fixes so I came here. any advice on how to fix?
So a cheap knockoff of an inexpensive line of watches failed and you came here to find out what to do? I'm thinking
Fin Organism Fish Bait Surface lure

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That's the way many of us understand the term "water resistant".
But sometimes we pull a boner goof and go find out what happened from people who might give a "care".
Happened to me a lot especially when I was young and "invincible":LOL:;)
OP will likely research his next watch.
Hopefully rated for more than 100m:unsure::love:😂
I hope that the jibes and snark don't sour them on WUS:unsure::rolleyes:
This is a great hobby for so many reasons.
Take care Fountain47!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts