WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
View attachment 16629789
My beater watch started going crazy after a 3ish hour swim in the beach and pool. IDK any fixes so I came here. any advice on how to fix?
I'm in no way being snarky or condescending. I've always been told that water resistant means it will survive a hand washing or a splash but not being subjected to long periods of time in the water.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So my comment was to another poster, NOT the OP. The other poster to whom I responded (and from which you are quoting me) simply declared what he believed water resistance means with nothing to back it up other than thinks and feels.

So to that point,water resistance means exactly that, resistance to water. And as I pointed out to an earlier poster in order to understand what water resistance means one needs to RTFM. Full Stop. I don't care what other people think, nor do I care how they interpret thinks such as water resistance. To me the ultimate source is the manufacturer of the watch whose recommendations can be found in TFM. It doesn't matter how who interprets what, one has to go by manufacturer's recommendations. People can 'interpret' what others have said, what they think they have said, what they think they were thinking when they said what they said but in the end, let four upper case letters lead you to the necessary facts and truths
RTFM
Thought you could use a little help here. Thank you for quoting me but you obviously did not read what I actually posted. This chart should help you in your quest for knowledge.
Font Number

·
Registered
212 Posts
Which part of RTFM don't you get? What you posted here is plain and simple nonsense. You clearly do not understand what WR is or how it's determined but a quick note to help you understand the concept of water resistance: it's determined by the company who makes the watch(es), not by some dork who put together nonsensical rules out of whole cloth.

Case in point my bulova lunar pilot 5 atm 50m and bulova states it can be used for swimming/ snorkling and water activity but not scuba. RTFM
Lol. Ok.😉

1 - 3 of 3 Posts