WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in January, I gave away two watches here on f71. Much to my chagrin, both of them ended up nonfunctional. The first one, a Shanghai that I gave to a member in the Netherlands stopped working shortly after he received it. He sent it to the Watch Guy in Great Britain, Christian Dannemann, who services interesting watches and blogs the process. He did a bang up job so when the second watch that I gave away, a Poljot DeLuxe 29 jewel automatic, came back to me with a broken main spring, Christian was the first guy I thought of to set the watch right. He only just finished working on the Poljot and his chronicle of the job can be seen here:
Service + Repair: Poljot DeLuxe Automatic calibre 2415 | Watch Guy

The service and a new strap will cost more than I originally paid for the watch, but it is worth it to me because it is such a nice looking watch. So if you have a watch that needs servicing and can't find someone locally, check out the Watch Guy, I highly recommend him.
Here's a photo of the watch in question from before it stopped working.

BTW, I posted this here instead of the Russian Forum because, well it just feels more like home here and the journey to Drockdam in Kingston, then back to me and on to Christian and ultimately back to me again started here.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That is indeed a nice looking watch. Glad it's running again. :-!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That is indeed a nice looking watch. Glad it's running again. :-!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Back in January, I gave away two watches here on f71. Much to my chagrin, both of them ended up nonfunctional. The first one, a Shanghai that I gave to a member in the Netherlands stopped working shortly after he received it. He sent it to the Watch Guy in Great Britain, Christian Dannemann, who services interesting watches and blogs the process. He did a bang up job so when the second watch that I gave away, a Poljot DeLuxe 29 jewel automatic, came back to me with a broken main spring, Christian was the first guy I thought of to set the watch right. He only just finished working on the Poljot and his chronicle of the job can be seen here:
Service + Repair: Poljot DeLuxe Automatic calibre 2415 | Watch Guy

The service and a new strap will cost more than I originally paid for the watch, but it is worth it to me because it is such a nice looking watch. So if you have a watch that needs servicing and can't find someone locally, check out the Watch Guy, I highly recommend him.
Here's a photo of the watch in question from before it stopped working.

BTW, I posted this here instead of the Russian Forum because, well it just feels more like home here and the journey to Drockdam in Kingston, then back to me and on to Christian and ultimately back to me again started here.

Nice watch, very simple and stylish! Do you know how old this is?
I think it is well worth a service.

About Watch Guy:
Highly recommended :-!

My fathers watch was next on blog after Your Poljot. Very good communication, excellent, friendly service!
It is really nice to see the actual repair pics, makes the deal really hard to resist even for not so valuable watch b-)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot say for certain but the Calibre 2415 "Orbita" movement began production in 1961. I would hazard a guess that this one is from the mid sixties. That strap is very, very nice but extra long and way too big for me. I'm thinking about cutting it down and re stitching it but I'm afraid I will ruin it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts