WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My brother in law is going to Japan in Feb. He said he'd snag me a cool g-shock while over there. Any ones that are perhaps unique to the JDM space worth grabbing in person?

Was thinking maybe a bluetooth one since I don't have one like that? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
Both these are JDM only, the GW-5000 and GW-5610SD

As is this blue version of the Gulfmaster. It is the only positive screen version on the planet so far.

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
I'd go for something........metal. ;-)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Just go all the way, get a Frogman and a special edition one.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Hey guys,

My brother in law is going to Japan in Feb. He said he'd snag me a cool g-shock while over there. Any ones that are perhaps unique to the JDM space worth grabbing in person?

Was thinking maybe a bluetooth one since I don't have one like that? Any suggestions?
If he's volunteered to get you a "cool G-Shock", then I'd just leave it up to him what to get. I wouldn't burden him with specific instructions unless he was interested in the activity (i.e. shopping for watches) himself. Just about anything that he might spend half a day or longer to get, is at your fingertips online from the comfort of your easy chair. And if it's not (like that tan GW5610SD yankeexpress is suggesting) then it's going to be a bear to find on the ground in Japan as well, which I imagine would only serve as a source of aggravation for your b-i-l.

I'll let Sting have you think it over:

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Japan has great G Shock stores, especially in the "Akihabara District" of Tokyo where all of the electronics stores are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts