Well, went to a local AD today to do some "Christmas shopping for the Wife". I was suprised to see they had a SS 50th anniversary Speedy(with seahorse logo on dial) and two Hour Visions(gold & ss), along with some POs, a PO chrono, a Speedy Pro, Moon to Mars, a Broad Arrow and a Deville Chrono, with a couple ATs, a few Bonds, a couple new Speedy dates and some ladies connie's. Overall, a pretty good selection.
- The PO chrono is a HUGE watch. It dwarfed the Speedy Pros I looked at. Definitely not for the small wristed. Very, very nice dial layout and detail. A really nice watch.
- The 50th anniversary is nice, but after looking at the Speedy pro next to it, it just seemed "ordinary". I would have expected something more for the 50th anniversary. Personally, I would still pick the regular Speedy over the anniversary.
- The Hour visions are stunning with beautiful detail on the watch and movement. The bracelet is beautiful. However, they are just too darn big for dress watches. I have small wrists and don't think I could pull one off. Its a shame that Omega feels the need to "upsize" its dress watches. Ok for sport watches, but I feel a 39-40mm would have been much better for this watch.
- The BA was very nice, but I just can't get over why Omega feels the need to put the red 1957 on the dial. I never liked seeing dates on the dial. Put it on the case back.
- Didn't have time to try on the new Speedy dates or the "Bonds", but they looked nice.
- Spent the most time with the regular old Hesalite Speedy Pro. I still can't get past this one and really want to add one to my collection. However, after handling it, Im not too crazy about the current bracelet offering. If I ever do land one, maybe a nice croc will need to be affixed.