WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2121 - 2140 of 3117 Posts

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Has anyone thought of making a custom challenge coin with the BSH logo and make it look like a watch dial? Just thinking outloud
Looks like you’ve got a job to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Has anyone thought of making a custom challenge coin with the BSH logo and make it look like a watch dial? Just thinking outloud
Yes. Although it never happened
I’m not really into barrack rooms macho games, but don’t let me stand in the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stringing lights on the house is something my advanced age and size warns against doing. And my son is too accident prone to put upon the roof.

Instead I’m going to clean the rest of the leaves littering the yard. My trees were kind enough to drop the rest of their leaves last week. Literally the day after I cleaned what they had dropped so far.

Y’all try not to be too jealous of my plans.
Pretty much the best description of our trees over this side of the pond too! Good luck on your task ahead I’ve just finished my first attempt at it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yes. Although it never happened
I’m not really into barrack rooms macho games, but don’t let me stand in the way
I hear ya Paul. "DO 80 PUSHUPS BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING THE GOVERNMENT NEVER ACTUALLY ISSUED YOU BUT I BOUGHT ON MY OWN"....always annoyed me.

Lots of people collect them without the shenanigans, though.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I really like this seiko milgauss mod every time you post it. Is that in fact a blue dial too?
And where the heck is cat ... maybe I have the wrong brother who has Johnny Cakes ...
Thanks, brother! Yep, blue dial Seiko 5 SNXS77 guts in an SNK807 case with lightning second-hand. Johnny Hotcakes is at home in this pic...

Saturday Seiko-mod compliant. This one is due for a change pretty soon...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I hear ya Paul. "DO 80 PUSHUPS BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING THE GOVERNMENT NEVER ACTUALLY ISSUED YOU BUT I BOUGHT ON MY OWN"....always annoyed me.

Lots of people collect them without the shenanigans, though.
I think we have both had enough of that BS in a former life
I was never much taken with the formation swanning about side of that job either

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I think we have both had enough of that BS in a former life
I was never much taken with the formation swanning about side of that job either

Challenge coins are totally tame nowadays. People collect them. Civilians have them too. They are essentially a “thank you” card now from anyone senior in government to tell someone they did good work.

I’ve never heard of anyone either collecting a free drink based on having one or incurring some wrath due to the lack of one in the modern era. To do that you would have to actually carry the things around and I’ve never met a single person who does.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Challenge coins are totally tame nowadays. People collect them. Civilians have them too. They are essentially a “thank you” card now from anyone senior in government to tell someone they did good work.

I’ve never heard of anyone either collecting a free drink based on having one or incurring some wrath due to the lack of one in the modern era. To do that you would have to actually carry the things around and I’ve never met a single person who does.

In that case let’s go ahead with a rule #1 compliant token

·
Registered
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Here’s the only challenge coin I have. Never been in the mil or LE but I like this one and would carry a BSH coin

The MWR group made these a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The Benrus Type 1 watch has always been one of my favorite designs, so I like the watches that are similar like the Blackwater, Paradive, Marathon, Adanac, etc. The appeal for the case shape and asymmetrical design is very attractive for me, not so the price that these watches have been and are being sold.

This is not a point of quality or value or whatever, just a pure and simple point of affordability. I just can't afford to spend a lot of money on just one watch and a lot of money to me is not very high...

I still manage to have fun with simple and affordable watches which is kind of my purpose with this hobby. In looking through the different watches there was one case that appealed me and that was similar to these mentioned above. Similar watches have been on sale in the past but not very much. Coincidentally I was able to do a trade for one of these and so I received the watch. It was even better suited than I had expected, not perfect, but the shape was a lot more the way I wanted it. The dial very close so all I had to do was to replace the hands and install some military ladder hands and voila!

The watch is about 41mm wide, it has 22mm lugs, sandblast type finish, a nice domed sapphire crystal, ceramic lumed bezel and Seiko automatic movement to boot. It hacks and hand winds and takes any Seiko parts like the hands.

The markers are a bit greener that I would like and I would have preferred a no date dial, also the ceramic bezel has a blue lume while the rest of green, however I am happy to say that I achieved my original purpose and I now have my own affordable version of a Steel Dive Type 1.

Here are a few pics.

View attachment 15558975 View attachment 15558976 View attachment 15558977 View attachment 15558978 View attachment 15558979 View attachment 15558980 View attachment 15558981 View attachment 15558982
Absolutely gorgeous. I love the case shape. Great job.

2121 - 2140 of 3117 Posts