WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2141 - 2160 of 3118 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Any good plans this weekend all?
Might be the day to string some lights. View attachment 15559418
I just finished that ordeal. I dread it every year but love the end result. I have a diagram that Clark Griswold can appreciate. Despite all the lights working when put away gently, half the s$%# didn't work necessitating trips to the store and a full day.

My wife just walked outside and informed me that they all work except about 12" on one run. Uggghhh!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I just finished that ordeal. I dread it every year but love the end result. I have a diagram that Clark Griswold can appreciate. Despite all the lights working when put away gently, half the s$%# didn't work necessitating trips to the store and a full day.

My wife just walked outside and informed me that they all work except about 12" on one run. Uggghhh!

Oh, and I wore this all day while cussing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I followed a tutorial by Lume Shot to replace the dial and hands to do my first mod:

Happy with the result!
That is super sharp – great work! What’s the base you’re modifying from? And how good are those Lume Shot videos? I wish I had a setup like he has.

Brotherhood and beverage compliant today. Great to see all the solidarity posts this week.... Thanks again to all you brothers who have reached out to me, and welcome to the new faces and wrists!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
My son started indoor soccer today. But with things the way they are, I watched from the parking lot on Facebook. He scored the first goal though! Wearing this one for Seiko Saturday.

27230910-FC25-468A-A85D-241B1237EE68.jpeg

Then this afternoon my new Isofrane showed up and fits perfect on Carolina. I’m quite impressed! I will have to find a deal on the Tropic (R) strap as well. I got the Borealis tropic and was very disappointed. Sometimes spending twice as much ends up cheaper in the long run.
47D01B6A-483E-4BB8-8AFB-318644B59865.jpeg

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been wearing this all week. I recently had a sapphire crystal installed and I upgraded the clasp on the (Strapcode) bracelet.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Did some one mention challenge coins? Back when I was active duty (1983-2003), I usually kept one in my pocket, just because. Nowadays I'll occasionally have one in my pocket, and for sure if I'll be meeting up with some brothers-in-arms.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is super sharp – great work! What’s the base you’re modifying from? And how good are those Lume Shot videos? I wish I had a setup like he has.

Brotherhood and beverage compliant today. Great to see all the solidarity posts this week.... Thanks again to all you brothers who have reached out to me, and welcome to the new faces and wrists!

View attachment 15560409
Thanks! I just caught up with the thread and I wish to also say that I am truly sorry for your loss and offer you my most sincere condolences.

Regarding the watch: It's a modded SKX031 with removed crown guards, ceramic bezel and dagaz BB Tribute dial. Wanted a 6538 hommage with a modern touch :) I only did the dial and hand swap though, it already had the shaved crown guards and the ceramic bezel setup when I bought it. The tutorial I followed was this one
which is an old Lume Shot video where cheap equipment is used.
I hope this helps!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Happy Saturday bros!!

Words cannot describe how excited I am to share this with you guys! This has been a LONG time in the making for me and something I have spent many a restless night thinking about, tweaking, and reworking!

I’ll start off saying I love graphic design, always have and probably always will. In college I worked to design the graphics for a club that was building the worlds fastest solar car, and I always thought it funny I finished college doing something I hadn’t even studied lol (engineering major). 100% self taught when it comes to design work.

But I digress. Like may of the other brothers, I was first drawn to BSH by the logo. It intrigued me, and ultimately connected me with you all, all of whom I count myself lucky to know and many I am lucky to consider close friends! Never had I expected this (or the rabbit hole I was tossed into in regards to watch modding! Haha Darn you @didymus03 ; for constantly putting out killer builds and making me want to try new ideas

Anyways, I’m always making and remaking logos and I have been trying to create my own that holds that same (or at least close to it) feeling I had when I first stumbled on the BSH logo! Well....I may have found something close (at least to me). I’m sure I will make more, find new ideas, and change it, but for now, I think this is the current name I would use if I were to start a micro brand: Mirage

I think it fitting seeing as how so many of my builds draw upon the looks of those watches that I love but cannot attain/afford. So on the surface they appear genuine and of grandeur, which draws you in, but as you get closer you realize it’s really not what you were expecting at all and is something else entirely! (Hopefully still in a good way in this case )

Man this turned into an essay, sorry!
I apologize. That’s it for my explanation! Without further adieu, I present the first watch build in the Mirage series! Here is the Mirage Seahaven (so named because...well.. I love the ocean and to me, it truly is a haven and sanctuary every time I’m out on it!)

Closeup of the Mirage logo:

Stay tuned for some future Mirage builds!! They are soon to be incoming! (I’ve already tweaked/played with the logo )

Let’s connect on Instagram: @benawhile_customs

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Happy Saturday bros!!

Words cannot describe how excited I am to share this with you guys! This has been a LONG time in the making for me and something I have spent many a restless night thinking about, tweaking, and reworking!

I’ll start off saying I love graphic design, always have and probably always will. In college I worked to design the graphics for a club that was building the worlds fastest solar car, and I always thought it funny I finished college doing something I hadn’t even studied lol (engineering major). 100% self taught when it comes to design work.

But I digress. Like may of the other brothers, I was first drawn to BSH by the logo. It intrigued me, and ultimately connected me with you all, all of whom I count myself lucky to know and many I am lucky to consider close friends! Never had I expected this (or the rabbit hole I was tossed into in regards to watch modding! Haha Darn you @didymus03 ; for constantly putting out killer builds and making me want to try new ideas

Anyways, I’m always making and remaking logos and I have been trying to create my own that holds that same (or at least close to it) feeling I had when I first stumbled on the BSH logo! Well....I may have found something close (at least to me). I’m sure I will make more, find new ideas, and change it, but for now, I think this is the current name I would use if I were to start a micro brand: Mirage

I think it fitting seeing as how so many of my builds draw upon the looks of those watches that I love but cannot attain/afford. So on the surface they appear genuine and of grandeur, which draws you in, but as you get closer you realize it’s really not what you were expecting at all and is something else entirely! (Hopefully still in a good way in this case )

I apologize. That’s it for my explanation! Without further adieu, I present the first watch build in the Mirage series! Here is the Mirage Seahaven (so named because...well.. I love the ocean and to me, it truly is a haven and sanctuary every time I’m out on it!)

Stay tuned for some future Mirage builds!! They are soon to be incoming! (I’ve already tweaked/played with the logo )

That came out really awesome! Great work. I'm excited to see what you come up with next!

Non-compliant today. Happy Saturday Brothers.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Happy Saturday bros!!

I applaud the creativity ! Looks great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Happy Saturday bros!!

Not sure if it was intended, but the logo also resembles a sextant which plays nicely with the anchor and marine theme!

2141 - 2160 of 3118 Posts