WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2161 - 2180 of 3116 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've been wearing this all week. I recently had a sapphire crystal installed and I upgraded the clasp on the (Strapcode) bracelet.

View attachment 15560440

View attachment 15560441
I really like the new turtles & don't even mind the new Prospex Logo on them.
Nice improvement, what clasp did you upgrade to?

At 45mm they do seem to be tooo big, like the Sumo & the Samurai
I guess it's just a matter of "comply and you will adapt"

There's the mini turtle but that just isn't the same.
I should bite the bullet but that throws my excuse out the window.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Happy Saturday bros!!

Words cannot describe how excited I am to share this with you guys! This has been a LONG time in the making for me and something I have spent many a restless night thinking about, tweaking, and reworking!

I’ll start off saying I love graphic design, always have and probably always will. In college I worked to design the graphics for a club that was building the worlds fastest solar car, and I always thought it funny I finished college doing something I hadn’t even studied lol (engineering major). 100% self taught when it comes to design work.

But I digress. Like may of the other brothers, I was first drawn to BSH by the logo. It intrigued me, and ultimately connected me with you all, all of whom I count myself lucky to know and many I am lucky to consider close friends! Never had I expected this (or the rabbit hole I was tossed into in regards to watch modding! Haha Darn you @didymus03 ; for constantly putting out killer builds and making me want to try new ideas

Anyways, I’m always making and remaking logos and I have been trying to create my own that holds that same (or at least close to it) feeling I had when I first stumbled on the BSH logo! Well....I may have found something close (at least to me). I’m sure I will make more, find new ideas, and change it, but for now, I think this is the current name I would use if I were to start a micro brand: Mirage

I think it fitting seeing as how so many of my builds draw upon the looks of those watches that I love but cannot attain/afford. So on the surface they appear genuine and of grandeur, which draws you in, but as you get closer you realize it’s really not what you were expecting at all and is something else entirely! (Hopefully still in a good way in this case )

Man this turned into an essay, sorry!
I apologize. That’s it for my explanation! Without further adieu, I present the first watch build in the Mirage series! Here is the Mirage Seahaven (so named because...well.. I love the ocean and to me, it truly is a haven and sanctuary every time I’m out on it!)

Closeup of the Mirage logo:

Stay tuned for some future Mirage builds!! They are soon to be incoming! (I’ve already tweaked/played with the logo )

Let’s connect on Instagram: @benawhile_customs
I’d totally buy one if it came in a 38mm! Love the logo and name! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
Is MBguy reputable?

He sent me a pm saying he has an omega bond from 1999 that is genuine. But no proof..can i trust him?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks! I just caught up with the thread and I wish to also say that I am truly sorry for your loss and offer you my most sincere condolences.
Thank you so much! And thanks for posting the video – I don’t think I’ve seen any of his older stuff.

Without further adieu, I present the first watch build in the Mirage series! Here is the Mirage Seahaven (so named because...well.. I love the ocean and to me, it truly is a haven and sanctuary every time I’m out on it!)
Gorgeous! That lapis blue is.... chef’s kiss Looks like you do your own dial printing too?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Is MBguy reputable?

He sent me a pm saying he has an omega bond from 1999 that is genuine. But no proof..can i trust him?

Buy the seller. I do not know MBguy, and he may be absolutely ok, but with ~200 posts and zero forum feedback, I’m walking away. Also, he has listed a “Bond” Omega twice before - in 2018 and 2019. Does he have feedback elsewhere? Only spend as much as you’re willing to lose.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Is MBguy reputable?
Throwing a couple hundred at something is one thing but you are talking about a sought after 007 watch. As @Twehttam has said "Buy the Seller" if I were looking for something like that I would ask the Omega forum where to look and who to look for.

I am much more a vintage guy and Derek at WatchesToBuy here is where I go, he has the stuff and I have seen modern Seamasters there before. There are other guys, there is a big guy who reviewes watches and posts their shop I can't remember his name.

eBay is for the buyer and good at helping but I have only had undeliverd items, not a misrepresented purchase ... and that takes time. I posted about a fiasco concerning a Japanese auction site a while ago. $300 plus is sitting somewhere waiting for something to happen to lift shipping restrictions to send me my package, maybe by next summer.

A boring post w/out something to look at ... from "WatchesToBuy" linked above ...
WylerIncaflexWatch.jpg

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Did some one mention challenge coins? Back when I was active duty (1983-2003), I usually kept one in my pocket, just because. Nowadays I'll occasionally have one in my pocket, and for sure if I'll be meeting up with some brothers-in-arms.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Dibs

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
To cool, great idea.I’ll have to the bracelet another shot now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
😉

Happy Saturday bros,
I followed a tutorial by Lume Shot to replace the dial and hands to do my first mod:

View attachment 15560333

View attachment 15560330

Happy with the result!
Great job bro. 👍👍

Brilliant! I will have to give this a try while I wait on the Riyi rivet.
Honestly, I find it quite a waste to not use this decent enough stock bracelet because of limited microadjust positions. So I hope more of us can use this bracelet, if you're a bracelet guy like me. 😃

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Pepsi Sunday Subdiver today.

IMG_0043-01_copy_1512x1512.jpeg

IMG_0045-1_copy_1428x1430.jpeg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks! I just caught up with the thread and I wish to also say that I am truly sorry for your loss and offer you my most sincere condolences.

Regarding the watch: It's a modded SKX031 with removed crown guards, ceramic bezel and dagaz BB Tribute dial. Wanted a 6538 hommage with a modern touch :) I only did the dial and hand swap though, it already had the shaved crown guards and the ceramic bezel setup when I bought it. The tutorial I followed was this one
which is an old Lume Shot video where cheap equipment is used.
I hope this helps!
This was the videos I saw the guy applying the hands with Radico I knew I saw it somewhere and a little gutted I couldn’t find it as it was so helpful!

Thanks for the link happy to find it this way!

·
Registered
19,569 Posts
Have great Sunday! #Solidarity

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Did some one mention challenge coins? Back when I was active duty (1983-2003), I usually kept one in my pocket, just because. Nowadays I'll occasionally have one in my pocket, and for sure if I'll be meeting up with some brothers-in-arms.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I have one, that I designed for my unit to commemorate our Gulf War I service.
EDIT: The chances of running into a former unit member are so slim that I don't carry it and I'd never demand shenanigans if I did carry it and run into someone from my old unit.

Sent using Timex-Sinclair 1000

·
Registered
292 Posts
Decided to wear this today. It was complaining to me that I don't wear it often. Truth be told, I am somewhat afraid to wear it much because Citizen informed me via an email response that the band is no longer available, and this is my dress watch. I know there must be other viable bands out there but don't know where to look. Anyway, it is happy to be on my wrist today.

2161 - 2180 of 3116 Posts