WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2821 - 2840 of 2879 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
There are a bunch on ebay, some listed as 39mm,others at 40mm (it is a bit over 39 and a half in reality). Try searching something like '39mm polished watch case NH35'

If you are a real perfectionist, it might bother you that they left between the lugs somewhat unfinished. Otherwise really good looking polishing and edges.
To be fair, Rolex has rough finish between the lugs. Not garbage rough but definitely course brushed. So they are just trying to be true to the original.🤣

·
Registered
533 Posts
@Le Temps Détruit Tout inspired me to post this nonsense no one asked for.

In January 2016 I lost my job selling auto parts. I chose to become self employed because, well, I had opportunity to do so.

None of it was(still isn't) a solitary gig. Lots of part time hustles between my wife and I.

One of mine was working for Benson Amps for 2016, 2017, and 2018.
For me this was a dream. I always wanted to be a rock star. But I never put in the work to have good enough chops or looks to make it happen on it's own.

I had learned to build tube amps by hanging out with a brotherhood of weirdos similar to this group, but who's focus is on tube amps. At one point I even thought I wanted to have my own amp company.

Thankfully, before ever having that opportunity, I learned I didn't really want to be the big guy in charge o an amp company. I just wanted to be good enough at what I did that people wanted me to work for them.

Anyway, during this time I decided "I'm living my dream so I'm gonna help other's live theirs " and I found smaller builders who were(by my estimation) in it for the love of the scene not the money, and I had a handful of custom guitars and basses built for me.

Ultimately, at the end of 2018, one of the businesses my wife and I worked on together was going and we decided I was needed more for the other business(it's more lucrative) and I left Benson on great terms.

Shortly after that I left social media.

I have since sold about half of my custom guitar collection and a few of my "grail pieces" of vintage gear(my ep3 echoplex hiwatt being the crown jewels) because I'm a dad and I don't need 6 full custom guitars to play my dad rock on. 3 does nicely.

Honestly working in the industry spoiled me. Things became more accessible as people became more accessible. And I'm really just garage band level. I'm not a pro level player, in guitar or bass. I likely could have been happy playing epiphone and squiers with nice pickups and a good setup. But I cannot convince myself of that now. . .

Take my bass for example.

With my skill level and the amount I play, I SHOULD be fine with a nice P bass or even a music man. But I have this. I'm spoiled. I used to have 2 of these(one in walnut) but I only need one...

This guitar was made by the same builder as the bass. I also had a hollow body by the same builder.

And this guitar is one of my favorites. It's made by a builder in canada. I'm not even sure if he's building anymore.

And some amps.
The Bridge City is made by my friend here in Portland.

the "Benson"in the stack isn't really a Benson. It's my own design, but I built it in Benson chassis when I worked there.

The Gretsch Chet atkins amp is one of my favorites. The tremolo circuit is so unique... It only modulates the frequencies in the treble range. So it creates a really lovely phasing as the bass signals stay full but the treble ones get modulated.

Thanks for letting me show off my crap. :)

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hey. He said a private message.

TMI.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
I can’t believe the Mods deleted my photographs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
My father has Parkinsons. He served 4 years active US Army, 4 years active US Navy, 6 years US Coast Guard Reserve then retired after 15 years US Navy Reserve. He to, being military, has that attitude that unless blood is spurting, he will be alright. But finally at 82, he needed a pacemaker. He has had Parkinsons for 15 years but refuses to let it slow him down, even though it HAS slowed him down. It is something that is drilled into them in the military. He is a cancer survivor (prostate about 20 years ago) and he still has that attitude that until they are shoveling dirt on him, he aint stopping. Tell the Colonel that a Navy brat says “thank you for your service”, and know that there are others that know what you are going thru.
Thank you for this, it describes my dad's attitude as well. My best to your father, with my thanks for his service, from this Army brat. Your dad is a survivor. When I talk with my dad, I shall weave this story in our conversation.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The Brotherhood of Seiko Homages salutes you this fine Saturday. May Compliance Be Ever In Your Favor.

Today a bathroom was repainted, an outside faucet was relocated, a new dishwasher delivered and monitored a downed network link between data centers for work.

Also slowly catching up here in the ‘Hood.

HAGWE, Brothers!

Sent using Timex-Sinclair 1000

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Brothers I present you my first ever mod. This took me the better part of the day to finish up! Holy crap on a stick was the second hand hard to get on!! That alone took me about 2 hours and a heck of a lot of swearing.

I have a huge appreciation now for all people out there doing this on a regular basis! And most of you are doing far more complicated mods than I attempted!

Now for some photos.

She started as a humble Invicta

I used a Boston Bruins hockey puck as a cushion and movement holder

Hour and minute hands went on relatively smoothly

F*#$ this!! *$#+^¢€!!!! Was what I was saying for most of the next 2 hours. Bent the second hand a little (or a lot, idk). Until finally,

Popping the cyclops off was a bit harder than I anticipated too, but I managed to get it off without cracking the crystal. Only a slight scratch of the bezel.

And here we have it!

I was too excited to finish up to attempt the BSH logo today. I may ask my wife for some help with that one eventually. For now, strap compliance will have to do.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks everyone provided! I've got another Invicta mod pending with a snowflake dial, but I am going to enjoy this one for a bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Brothers I present you my first ever mod. This took me the better part of the day to finish up! Holy crap on a stick was the second hand hard to get on!! That alone took me about 2 hours and a heck of a lot of swearing.

I have a huge appreciation now for all people out there doing this on a regular basis! And most of you are doing far more complicated mods than I attempted!

Now for some photos.

She started as a humble Invicta

I used a Boston Bruins hockey puck as a cushion and movement holder

Hour and minute hands went on relatively smoothly

F*#$ this!! *$#+^¢€!!!! Was what I was saying for most of the next 2 hours. Bent the second hand a little (or a lot, idk). Until finally,

Popping the cyclops off was a bit harder than I anticipated too, but I managed to get it off without cracking the crystal. Only a slight scratch of the bezel.

And here we have it!

I was too excited to finish up to attempt the BSH logo today. I may ask my wife for some help with that one eventually. For now, strap compliance will have to do.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks everyone provided! I've got another Invicta mod pending with a snowflake dial, but I am going to enjoy this one for a bit.
Looks great brother!! I know exactly what you mean about the second hand! It is a slippery little bugger! Gotta find your happy place while installing it otherwise brute force starts to sound like a good idea in your head...not that I speak from experience

Looking forward to seeing more mods in your future! After the first there’s only more to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
That looks great! You’re an inspiration – I recently got in some mod fodder and am putting together a parts list for what I hope to be a beginner-friendly mod. Need a few more tools and a lot more courage before I step up, though.

I’m an immgrant, but I’m feeling awfully Kiwi today. Stayed up late last night watching the results of the first national election we’ve been able to vote in, and headed off to the pub a bit later to watch the All Blacks hopefully have more success against the Aussies than they did last week. It’s-still-Seiko-Saturday-somewhere compliant, and I should really remember to dust off the crystal before taking a watch photo.

The All Blacks are apparently Tudor ambassadors, which is making me think of a game-day DLC BB build. Anybody know if that’s a thing? (I suppose I should finish my first mod before planning more projects, huh?)

·
Registered
223 Posts
That looks great! You’re an inspiration – I recently got in some mod fodder and am putting together a parts list for what I hope to be a beginner-friendly mod. Need a few more tools and a lot more courage before I step up, though.

I’m an immgrant, but I’m feeling awfully Kiwi today. Stayed up late last night watching the results of the first national election we’ve been able to vote in, and headed off to the pub a bit later to watch the All Blacks hopefully have more success against the Aussies than they did last week. It’s-still-Seiko-Saturday-somewhere compliant, and I should really remember to dust off the crystal before taking a watch photo.

View attachment 15505107

The All Blacks are apparently Tudor ambassadors, which is making me think of a game-day DLC BB build. Anybody know if that’s a thing? (I suppose I should finish my first mod before planning more projects, huh?)
Welcome to the party pal!!

I'm getting geared up for the ABs too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

View attachment 15505107

Thanks grarmpitutty! Jump on in, if I can pull it off anyone can! I'm the least patient person when it comes to building/fixing anything.

Where in NZ are you? I did a semester at the University of Waikato in Hamilton when I was in college. You're lucky to live there now, it's a wonderful country!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks grarmpitutty! Jump on in, if I can pull it off anyone can! I'm the least patient person when it comes to building/fixing anything.
Oh, I thought I had that honour. 😆 This is getting less intimidating by the hour. How did you set the hands? Do you have proper hand-setting tools, or did you improvise?

Where in NZ are you? I did a semester at the University of Waikato in Hamilton when I was in college. You're lucky to live there now, it's a wonderful country!
Thanks! It’s a pretty great place, and I frequently take stock of how fortunate we’ve been to land here. I’m in Wellington, but I have a ton of co-workers who studied at Waikato. @K1w179, that’s your part of the world, right?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh, I thought I had that honour. This is getting less intimidating by the hour. How did you set the hands? Do you have proper hand-setting tools, or did you improvise?

Thanks! It’s a pretty great place, and I frequently take stock of how fortunate we’ve been to land here. I’m in Wellington, but I have a ton of co-workers who studied at Waikato. @K1w179, that’s your part of the world, right?
Yep I'm living in the Waikato. Its great because its an hour from everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2821 - 2840 of 2879 Posts