WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2121 - 2140 of 2438 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Today's watches.

Vostok on my right wrist as I went for my morning walk (I'm left handed) with the Withings Steel HR on my left wrist (for some reason I rarely include it in "what I'm wearing" shots but it's always worn for my walk (tracks steps, km, heart rate and linked to my iPhone it also tracks my route on a map). Rarely worn Tissot for WEW. It's a lovely watch; just I'm usually dressed very casual (to the point of scruffy) but it was crying out for a bit of wrist time.

Now for a question; any of the brothers have any idea what this beast is? Only one of it's relatives decided it would like fresh gringo for a mid-morning snack and stung me on the leg... ...I flicked it off and doused the area with anti-septic hand gel (everyone carries this at the moment, don't they?) and although it was an impressive sting the swelling had pretty much gone down after an hour but I would like to know what the culprit was. Hard to gauge from the photo but body is about 1cm long and the pointy bit about the same.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Wrong color, but looks like what I know as a Greenhead fly, up here in New England. Wrong color, but about the same shape, size, and appetite for human flesh.
Thanks. So some sort of Horse Fly then.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Today's watches.

Vostok on my right wrist as I went for my morning walk (I'm left handed) with the Withings Steel HR on my left wrist (for some reason I rarely include it in "what I'm wearing" shots but it's always worn for my walk (tracks steps, km, heart rate and linked to my iPhone it also tracks my route on a map). Rarely worn Tissot for WEW. It's a lovely watch; just I'm usually dressed very casual (to the point of scruffy) but it was crying out for a bit of wrist time.
View attachment 15647986

Now for a question; any of the brothers have any idea what this beast is? Only one of it's relatives decided it would like fresh gringo for a mid-morning snack and stung me on the leg... ...I flicked it off and doused the area with anti-septic hand gel (everyone carries this at the moment, don't they?) and although it was an impressive sting the swelling had pretty much gone down after an hour but I would like to know what the culprit was. Hard to gauge from the photo but body is about 1cm long and the pointy bit about the same.
View attachment 15647997
Hey...I walk left handed, too! jk

But I do wear my watch on my right (pronounced correct) wrist even though I write with my right hand. When I played in little league, I would bat left handed but throw with my right. Not ambidextrous... definitely not normal.

ps - fak that effing bug

IG: 1bourbon1watch1beer

·
Registered
700 Posts
I don’t care if Tropic’s blue
NATO’s grey and Perlon too
Sailcloth, I don’t care ’bout you
It’s canvas, I’m in love
I’m sorry I missed this yesterday...brilliant! I know it’s a day late, but have you been introduced to broku?

What’s his name?
Oh that’s grarmpitutty;
He’s got some wicked parody chops!

·
Registered
19,967 Posts
Still with the Megalodon On a New Canvas

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey...I walk left handed, too! jk

But I do wear my watch on my right (pronounced correct) wrist even though I write with my right hand. When I played in little league, I would bat left handed but throw with my right. Not ambidextrous... definitely not normal.

ps - fak that effing bug

I can't imagine trying to write with my watch and pen on/in the same hand. But yeah, I write with my left hand but when it came to sports... ...(this was all years ago)...

Cricket. Bat left (or occasionally right) handed - that's good for confusing the opposition. Throw a ball when fielding with my right but bowl with my left (no, I don't understand that one either).

Badminton; use either hand and generally make backhand strokes. i.e. I could play a left handed forehand but I'm just as likely to switch the racquet to the other hand and play a right handed backhand - again confuses the hell out of the opposition.

Rugby - definitely left handed and footed

Rowing - here you wouldn't expect it to make a difference but it did so we had a odd rigged boat and I would sit #5 or #7 (depending on who else was in the crew) but blade (oar) was on the stroke (i.e. even) side - to balance this out the person sitting at #6 would also be on the stroke side (as normal for them). Sometimes we reversed the Bow (#1) and Stroke (#8) position sides too. One major advantage was that I rowed for our company sports club and you would get departmental crews for the company regatta trying to use the club crew boats; one look at how ours was rigged and they would give up!

Skiing - my lovely Austrian instructor assured me I definitely skied left handed although for the life of me I could never work out what the difference was... ..and she never explained it.

(For those unfamiliar with rowing... ...stroke side has the oar - or blade as we call it) out to their right and bow to their left. Remembering of course that we sit with our backs to the direction of travel...)

Anyway, the pic was of the bug's cousin; the one who brutally attacked me got a swift flick of the finger followed by a size 46 (EU sizing) shoe on its head.

·
Registered
19,967 Posts
Looks good on canvas! Where are your last 2 canvas straps from?

Thanks Brother Canvas from H2O

Envoyé de mon LM-G850 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,967 Posts
2121 - 2140 of 2438 Posts