WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Watch fans,

I am being offered a watch by a client with an outstanding debt - I do not have an understanding of the true value of this watch. All I know is that it is a desirable time piece and beautifully crafted. (see below)

What would its value be 2nd hand? there are some minor scrapes on the casing

Your expert help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

John Aquilina

S

·
0 Posts
Hi John,

First of all: Welcome to Watchuseek.

I moved your post to the more suitable forum. Regarding value please read our stickies here.;-)

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,289 Posts
All I can say is that it's a modern (post WWII) pocket watch - it has shock proofing and a modern Unitas calibre, a Cal. 6498 or similar. That particular one is still being made in large quantities by ETA so spare parts are no problem if that's what it really is. As for value, PWs are generally not as collected and therefore not as pricey as wrist watches of similar renown and quality.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?00&ranfft&0&2uswk&Unitas_6498_1

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Frankly, get THEM to sell it and take whatever cash it gets.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If it's a modern watch, and being sold in quantity - it's not going to be very valuable. Plus - I doubt that's real gold on the case. It's probably gold-plate. And if it is, that isn't going to affect the value.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Bucherer, is a high end Swiss jewelry store, kinda like Birks in Canada or Tiffanys in America.
They have made there own watches, but they usually have other brands make them for them. Usually they are good-great quality watches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts