WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am new comer and in need of some help. I am new to watch collecting and recently saw a watch that caught my eye. Its an older Bucherer which seems to be in good condition. I was wondering if anyone could give me some more info on the movement from these pictures.
Bucherer2.JPG Bucherer4.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I've put an arrow to show where the calibre number is usually engraved. I can't read what it says on yours as it's out of focus. The gold ring around it is called the balance wheel, by the way.

Bucherer are a quality Swiss jeweller and have historically used high quality movements in their items. This movement is probably made by the company ETA. Go to the online bible Ranfft and search using the calibre number you find under the balance to search under the ETA movements there. You may need to do some detective work on this, but basically, this is how it starts for us all.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. I will check it out tonight. Would you have any idea on the age of the watch or is that something I can find out from the movement? Also does it look original to you from the pictures?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Yes it looks original. It's probably from mid to late 1960s. It has a chronometer grade movement, so more accurate. Someone here may know the movement by eye. It may be this baby. Nice watch, good movement.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bucherer is a retailer based in Lucerne Switzerland. They have had a very long association with Rolex and retail everything from top end watches to more pedestrian wares. They had watches made by other manufacturers and had their name put on them. Now they are actually producing their own watches under the Carl F. Bucherer name. I've actually been to their store in Lucerne but that was about a million years ago......;). Your movement is made by ETA and the caliber number is beside the balance wheel right where the red arrow that Habitant placed on the picture points. I like Bucherer myself and their chronometer grade watches are a good value in my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I really like the look of the watch and knowing that it has a good movement makes it that much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could you guys give me a good watch repair shop where I can bring this watch for service in Toronto and give me an approximate cost. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts