WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Does anyone know any info about this Bucherer Weekday Automatic? I cant seem to find any info on it online. It looks just like a Rolex Day-Date; it even has the cyclops. Looks like Rolex and Bucherer started a partnership in the 1920s/1930s, and today Bucherer is one of the largest retailers of Rolex watches in Switzerland and maybe anywhere.

Im going to have it serviced so should have more info on it in the coming weeks, but was hoping someone could chime in with some more info on the movement or pretty much anything. I know its most likely late 60s or early 70s based on the time frame I got from my family, but thats all i know. Should like beautiful with a new crystal and movement overhaul.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_3194.JPG
IMG_3190.JPG
IMG_3191.JPG
IMG_3192.JPG
IMG_3193.JPG
IMG_3196.JPG

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I guess it's from the 1970s. Should have an Eta 2780 inside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XiaPkbM2k

Qualitywise, it has nothing to do with Rolex, so you have to see what the charge for a service would be. The crystal is acrylic, not glass. Should be no problem to find the right replacement even with a magnifier for the date. They come cheap and the replacement is done quickly. The movement (if I am not mistaken) has been made by the millions and can be found in many watches of other brands. They also come up used in good shape on the market quite often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts