WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have what may be a silly question........ Can I change the buckles over on my straps? I'd like the gold buckle on the black strap.

As I have said before it bugs the hell out of me that the caseback is gold yet the buckle has that silver G embossed buckle.

I'm hankering after a 8200 series next, think I prefer the style more.

Regards

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Sure, why not? It's just a pin like the one on the lugs.

Well, I don't have a Frogman. But I suppose it's the same as in other G-Shocks. I have swapped the buckles. :-!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi everyone

I have what may be a silly question........ Can I change the buckles over on my straps? I'd like the gold buckle on the black strap.
As I have said before it bugs the hell out of me that the caseback is gold yet the buckle has that silver G embossed buckle.
I'm hankering after a 8200 series next, think I prefer the style more.
Regards
Matt
There's no reason you can't swap them over if the strap sizes are the same. the buckle is attached with the normal spring bars which can be removed with a tool or even a pocket knife. :-!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Sure, why not? It's just a pin like the one on the lugs.

Well, I don't have a Frogman. But I suppose it's the same as in other G-Shocks. I have swapped the buckles. :-!

Snap!!! ..... :-d

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i used a push-pin when i swapped buckles

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Wow quick responses guy's!

The gold buckle has a push pin, but I'm dammed if I can get the silver buckle offo|

It seems to have a cover over the main pin as if its reinforced?

Matt

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
So you mean the pins are different for the black strap?

Where does it come from, the black one? :think:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi
I thought you might have problems , the black belt buckle has a solid pin in it and the only way I could get it off was to flex the actual buckle apart , I used a pair of reverse circlip pliers , the jaws move apart when you close the handles . Don't know if thats any help .

best regards Scott.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi
I thought you might have problems , the black belt buckle has a solid pin in it and the only way I could get it off was to flex the actual buckle apart , I used a pair of reverse circlip pliers , the jaws move apart when you close the handles . Don't know if thats any help .

best regards Scott.
Hi Scott

Good thinking:-! I thought this might be the answer, I'll get some from my local hardware store later as I only have regular pliers. and let you know how I go.

Regards Matt

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking the black strap that doesn't have
drilled through holes is still a springbar. You just
have to do it from inside the buckle with a small
knife or screwdriver.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Done it

I gently prised it off with pliers as advised:-!

Strange this one does not have a springbar. It'll be a xxxx to get back on if I ever need it. The gold buckle is now on and looks great. Casio should have supplied it with one anyway.

Matt

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Get a replacement springbar for if you want to re-use it. Put them together, and save.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Get a replacement springbar for if you want to re-use it. Put them together, and save.
Does anyone know a part * for the spring bar in the buckle. I have a band for another g-shock that needs this spring bar and the width of the band seems to be exactly the same as the Frogman at the buckle ??

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Any place that works on watches will have the right size springbar. Just take it in, and have them get you the right one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts