WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever replaced the buckle on a Dw6900 band ? I'm wanting to know if anyone knows the buckle width for a dw6900? Looking to buy a replacement. Aftermarket replacement to be exact.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
It should maybe be mentioned that there are different straps for the DW-6900 - the models with different colors like yellow, red, etc. have straps that are broader while the standard black model has a strap that tapers down towards the buckle.
edit: and most Casio straps have odd sizes like 19mm or 21mm so for the most part the standard buckles you can get from third-party suppliers won't fit.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
It's strange that the orange 22mm buckle fits so well - I have the purple DW-6900CC and took the buckle off as I use it on another Casio that came with a plastic buckle (I think I put it on the AQ-S810) - and I then fitted a 24mm buckle from a "Traser" and it was 1mm too big so I think the size is actually 23mm - is the 22mm buckle a tight fit?
I'll have to take a ruler and measure it when I get home to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's strange that the orange 22mm buckle fits so well - I have the purple DW-6900CC and took the buckle off as I use it on another Casio that came with a plastic buckle (I think I put it on the AQ-S810) - and I then fitted a 24mm buckle from a "Traser" and it was 1mm too big so I think the size is actually 23mm - is the 22mm buckle a tight fit?
I'll have to take a ruler and measure it when I get home to be 100% sure.

No. In fact, its a little big.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you actually measure before you bought the buckle? What was the width?

QUOTE=Drop of a Hat;6849156]I did it withan orange cerakoted 22mm buckle.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
DW-6900MS should have a 21mm buckle. Other than buying a Casio strap with that width it won't be easy getting a buckle that fits perfectly.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I put a 22mm PVD and stainless (background first pic) Pre-V buckle on a pair of dw6900s. Fit just fine....

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
onrypt, was there any gap between the 22mm buckle and the resin strap? since I thought the resin straps for 6900s were either 19mm or 21mm

I've since sold the watches, but if memory serves it was a nice fit.
I don't remember it being a poor fit as I kept them on the watches and sold them that way here on the forum.
Best regards,
Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts