WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a local AD that will pretty much just about match that, and you know he's an AD and don't have to worry about shipping from Taiwan.....

pm me for the info if you'd like it.

kj

·
Registered
8 Posts
I almost bought from these guys last month, did some correspondence with them, they sounded legit.

In hindsight I wish I would have purchased from him, as the US merchant I used wasn't ideal.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

David

Has anyone purchased a watch from this ebay store? Their prices seem too good to be true but they have a long list of very positive feedback. I'm looking for this same watch, w/ the white dial. I've lost all focus on other things:p

Take a look:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5320&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I sent a previous ebay buyer of that watch (nad374) a message about his experience purchasing from Budgetplan concerning the warranty, serial number, and overall. I don't have the saved email, but he was concerned about the warranty card.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rich, I've heard mixed review about some of the Oriental sellers. From my experiences buying a reasonably less expensive watch, I was very happy. Everything was well packed and came in about two weeks (instead of the month or two I thought it would).

However, some of that stuff is "fishy". As other people have mentioned, different countries do have different laws relating to copyright and trademark. Now, I don't think it is such a problem w/ watches but a lot of camera equipment comes into the US as "grey market" goods. These are parts that are legally made for one market where they are sold cheaper than in the U.S. Someone buys them up in that country and brings them over here to sell at an increased price. The problem is that while it isn't illegal to have the goods in the other countries, a lot of the warranties and service issues are void.

With that said, I think if I were making an expensive purchase I would look very carefully into the warranty/guarantee policies of Fortis and see if they are an AD. There is a very good chance that your warranty from the seller may not be valid in certain countries. When razcob said that the buyer was "concerned" about the warranty cards, this could likely be due to a different warranty/guarantee policy there and not due to making fake papers. Now if this isn't important to you, it may not be a big factor.

Another concern, while he does say that he'll ship your auctions as a "gift" there is also a chance you'll have to pay import and other various taxes on the watch. When I was living in England I had a camera lens shipped that was worth about 500 USD. While it was marked as a "gift", they opened my package, checked the value, and charged me the 18% or whatever it was on 500 USD; I wasn't thrilled.

The one saving grace is that if the purchase is fully covered by paypal, you can probably get all/most of your money back if you are sent a fake, it doesn't work, etc.

So, what am I saying? You generally get what you pay for. The money you save in buying from the Orient will likely be from a loss of warranty, extra repair/cleaning costs down the line, or possibly in having to pay very high taxes...I think I'd really avoid it if I could. Unfortunately, the economy isn't terribly good right now. You may be able to convince an AD to drop their price to match?

Hope that helps.

-D.M.L.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Has anyone purchased a watch from this ebay store? Their prices seem too good to be true but they have a long list of very positive feedback. I'm looking for this same watch, w/ the white dial. I've lost all focus on other things:p

Take a look:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120181735320&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Thanks!
Hi,
Bought mine B-42 there, cross check with Fortis Swiss, not fake, real watch tracable.
Has been also very helpful to get bar and screw when I broke one screw...
Very satisfying seller, great communication, recommended!
Cheers

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hey Dude, I bought two watches from Martin, and in addition I also purchased a couple fortis straps he had to order right from fortis, no problems witht he watches, new and mint, they work perfect. He did screw up on one of my strap order's, and failed to tell me until the strap was in the mail on the way to Canada. Not a big deal, but he knew what he had sent me in hopes that I would be lazy and simply keep the strap. He was right, I kept the strap.

Over All, No worries with Budget Plan.

Cheers.

jay

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a band from them off of ebay for my Fortis B-42 Flieger. They are totally legit, very easy to transact with and highly recommended.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a new B42 Cosmo Day/Date from Martin at BUdgetplan and he was great! Communication was great too. I was very pleased.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also purchased from Martin at Budgetplan, no worries, items as described and prompt shipping and communication. Would not hesitate to purchase from him again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts