WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing though my SPAM (not the canned meat) and found an email from EVINE Live inviting me to vote on designing the next Invicta watch. I'm a curious guy by nature so I clicked.

From the 9th circle of Hell, I bring to you a case that would have made Dante Alighieri gouge out his eyes and Virgil shriek in terror.

No, seriously! This is what people voted for? Who are these people? WTF!

Sorry, here's the watch case America wants.

And if you want to vote for the movement, you still have time.

EVINE Live | Shop. Share. Smile. | Shop at Home Online

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
That's almost as ugly as some G-Shocks.

Almost is the key word. It is gross for sure but some Gs look like a Borg ate and alarm clock the barfed it back up.

Hey, there must be a market for people that want huge and blingy watches, so I dont bash Invicta for giving people what they want even though I would not wear them.

Reactions: ninjack

·
Registered
4,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That moment when WUS realizes it's a vocal and affluent community, but an incredibly small one relative to the watch-buying public. Hilarity ensues.

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
Let's just hope that the rabid trolls at WatchFreaks took it upon themselves to sway the voting.

Sure, fair comparison. One Hamilton versus 5,609 Invictas.

More like a double standard. My point was that almost every brand, even one as well loved on WUS like Hamilton, makes ugly watches. If Invicta did not sell them, they would not make them. But Invicta makes a large number of handsome units as well....... Hamilton has other uglies (though the one I posted was probably the worst) like some of Ventura/Transformer-ish models that look like Infantry was invited to help with the design. H24655331 | Hamilton Watch and this 46mm unit with fake bolts etc H78585333 | Hamilton Watch One of the worst I think is where they really take a classic like the Ventura and really pollute it with crap like this H24412732 | Hamilton Watch

Then from Orient there are some stinkers as well. This is from the "Happy Stream" collection.
213.png

One for the ladies

80.png

And from the company that makes the elegant and classy Grand Seiko, this mess.

SSC279.jpg

I could go on and on, but it does not matter what a brand makes as long as the person buying it likes it and is happy. I would not buy any watch listed on this thread because I find them pretty ugly....even the Hamiltons which are just hideous. With all of the Invicta angst on here one would think they are the only watch company making ugly pieces (and they make some whoppers of ugly for sure) and that is far far from the truth. But truth and how it relates to Invicta dont often intersect on WUS.

·
Vendor
27,727 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Don't tell me Invicta ran out of ideas, or watches to copy?
Say it ain't so :-d

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can see the infomercial now... "Is your watch too comfortable? Do you ever forget it's on your wrist? Are you ever worried that someone in the room hasn't noticed your watch? Well worry no more we've got the watch for you."

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
I wonder who voted for this these?

H32856705 | Hamilton Watch

H15515851 | Hamilton Watch

Almost every brand makes gross and ugly watches.
Let's just hope that the rabid trolls at WatchFreaks took it upon themselves to sway the voting.

Sure, fair comparison. One Hamilton versus 5,609 Invictas.
I dunno man, I like this Hamilton. That thing up there is a case which shuts over the crystal. It doesn't make it super functional, but it's nodding to the trench watch / polo watch days, where folks needed metal to cover the watch crystal.
flintridge_h15515851_h15415851_pr_mid_9717_1.jpg

Otherwise, it looks like many very nice looking jazzmasters.

Anyway, I take your point -- nearly every brand makes at least a couple ugly watches.

Reactions: 120 and OvrSteer
1 - 20 of 34 Posts