WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Bulova precisionist 96B130 seems to come with either black or silver indices and hands. I reached out to Bulova customer service about this but have not heard back yet.

A07L_1_20111102_11946850.jpg black.jpg

So if you bought one of these 96B130 which do you have and when did you buy it? Are the ones with black markers an older version or perhaps a newer version of the same model? It is no longer shown on the Bulova website so apparently both have been discontinued.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Are you sure that they both aren’t silver indices and it is just the lighting/coloration on the photo that differs?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure that they both aren’t silver indices and it is just the lighting/coloration on the photo that differs?
Yes I am quite sure because I had one in my hand and looked through a loupe, it had dark plated hands and indices. I thought they all would have the same. I had to send that one back but ordered another thinking they were all a like. So I have an incoming one with silver now and am concerned about whether I will like it as well when it gets here.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some looking at pictures I think they probably are all coated though some look more silver. I had one fellow claim his was silver and I ask him to check again with a magnifier and told him he might be surprised that his is coated as well. I have one arriving Monday but now I am thinking it will be dark coated in spite of the description saying they are silver.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Although you did not mention it, there are huge differences in contrast and exposure between those two images, particularly on the dial and crown. I'm guessing a person could open either image in Photoshop and make it appear as if the other.

In other words, whatever light is on the indices and hands is exaggerated one way in one photo, and exaggerated the other way in the other one. You could probably walk around the house, and outdoors, and see "a different watch" depending on conditions.

Studio photography is supposed to be controlled, but then there remains much that's open to interpretation by everyone involved prior to publication. My black dial, silver indices/hands Seiko looks like 3 or 4 different watches in real life compared to online photos, which themselves are yet different.

Also this practical consideration: if that's the entire reference number, they both gotta be the same exact watch, yeah?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts