WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale SOLD SOLD SOLD !is my black and yellow Bulova Accutron II "Snorkel" chronograph 96B237. It's an amazing watch for a crazy price. I just have to consolidate my collection.

Specs:

Series Snorkel
Gender Men
Dial Color Primary Black
Luminous Hands and Indices
Dial Markers Indices
Weight (g.) 178
Features Ultra High Frequency (UHF). Lower right-hand crown operates inner rotating bezel
Water Resistance 200M
Band Length (in.) 8.25
Band Width Between Lugs (mm.) 22
Case Shape Tonneau
Case Finish Brushed/Polished
Case Color Silver-Tone
Case Material Stainless Steel
Case Back Material Stainless Steel
Case Back Type Screw-down
Crown Type Screw-down
Crown Accent Logo
Crystal Type Mineral
Bezel Color White
Bezel Accent Color Yellow
Bezel Special Inner rotating, bidirectional
Hand Color(s) Black, White and Luminous Hour and Minute. Yellow Second and Subdial Hands
Subdials I 1/10 second
Subdials II 60 second
Subdials III 60 minute
Band Finish Brushed/Polished
Band Color Silver-Tone
Band Type Bracelet
Band Material Stainless Steel
Clasp Type Push Button Deployment
Movement Quartz
Case Width (mm.) 44
Case Thickness (mm.) 14
Calendar Date

It's a sharp watch. It's got Bulova's high frequency Accutron II chronograph movement. The running seconds (at 6 o'clock) ticks at two ticks per second, which is kind of cool. The fractional seconds subdial runs for the first thirty seconds that the chronograph runs (spinning fast), and then stops to conserve battery. But when you stop the chronograph, the fractional sections subdial will move to show the fractional seconds when you stopped (even if it's after the first 30 seconds). Beautiful mix of brushed and polished surfaces; signed crown; nice dial details, including applied indices and the "Tuning fork" logo at 12 and as the counterweight to the chrono seconds hand; cool, bright yellow color on the internal rotatable bezel and on the chrono seconds hand.

Even though it's 44m width, it's got a short lug-to-lug (the specs say 42mm, but I'm going to say that it's more like 46), which makes it easily wearable on a variety of wrists.

The condition is very good. There are desk diving scratches on the brushed portions of last few links of the bracelet, and a couple of very light scratches on the side of the case. But it's sold as-is; please look at the photos and ask any questions you might have.

I purchased this from amazon just a couple of months ago. I think it's covered by the Asurian warranty, but I can't promise that (nor can I promise that the warranty is transferrable). The watch comes with the original box and papers, and 5 (!) extra links. The watch is currently sized for my ~ 7" wrist, with both of the half-links installed.

I'm asking $135 shipped via USPS Priority Mail and payment through PayPal in the U.S., or $130 if you don't want the box. I think this is a pretty decent price, so I'm not really interested in listening to lower offers at this time. Feel free to PM me with questions or to buy!

Thanks for looking!
PA231085_zpstb5qfnyp.jpg
PA231082_zpsfjdztkor.jpg
PA231081_zps7w1hk1he.jpg
PA231080_zpskw6mis0l.jpg
PA231083_zpskrha9tbj.jpg
PA231077_zpskrdoyzpm.jpg
PA231076_zps6cd5tr0n.jpg
PA231075_zpsm9hvihnl.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts