WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bulova Accutron - Not sure about this dial?

573 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DaBaeker 
#1 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Anyone care to venture an opinion? I think the lettering looks a bit off?

See less See more
#2 ·
Please ignore. I've found quite a few from the same year with the same style of font.

#4 · (Edited)
The dial seems correct at first sight, but the lettering is a bit strange, especially the 'V' in Bulova and the 'N' at the end of Accutron. One would need a sharper picture to say more.

What would also be of interest to see, is a picture of the movement.

Bulova was playing around a lot with the 'Accutron' or the Bulova logo in different places. I have a few of them and I am now concentrating only on 'no day/date' models. The tuning fork technique is what is fascinating, the day and date is rather trivial in this respect, with the disadvantage, that a lot of day/date disks are coming along worn or damaged, often caused by previous owners when setting at the wrong time.

On all the Bulova Accutrons I have, I can use the new 1,5 Volt cells without any problem. The old 1,35 Volt types are not commonly available anymore, which can cause problems with other tuning fork watches.

Attachments

#6 ·
Original poster: please restore picture otherwise the thread is worthless (and will be removed). Please note that it is against forum regulations to edit posts substantially and change/affect the course of the discussion.

Sorry, I took the pic down as it was attracting too much attention to the eBay auction. It's mine now. I've probably paid far too much for a non-running watch!

#7 ·
I do see a crooked 'A' in Bulova but it could be a distortion in crystal. At first glance nothing struck me as off and the dial-if it was reworked-was done long ok. I would only want to see a pic from different angle of last A in BULOVA.

Reactions: Edinburgh1066
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.