WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a very affordable Bulova 96B230 UHF 262khz Military style watch, and am inordinately pleased with it.

Since I see very little about any Bulova's here on WUS, I thought I'd start a thread so those of us wearing the Bulova quartz watches with the smoothly sweeping second hands can share our pictures and experiences with these.

I'll start it off with this picture taken moments ago of my new Bulova on a "Perlon" strap with my favorite automatic lounging in the background:

bulova_uhf_mil_06.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: BULOVA UHF 262 series watches

My contribution...

Bulova-Precisionist96B159(3).jpg

Bulova-Claremont (2).JPG

Bulova-Ton..JPG

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
238 Posts

Rectangular one is especially nice. Don't recall seeing that one before.
It's the 96B144. A bit on the large size, at least for me, at 52mm lug to lug.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

Iconic smooth sweep second hand seals the deal with these for me...

96B183

98B212

97B110

·
Registered
553 Posts

96B183

98B212

97B110

I have the top two, and I really love them, especially the top one. If it just had sapphire and AR it would be perfect.

When I am not wearing them I put them into chronograph mode so the battery will last longer (I imagine).

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

You are the only other person I've seen with this watch. Love the Precisionist line. Dead on still after 2 months. They're a little big, but it's a good size for me. The detail and finish is top notch too, I think.
IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_0530.JPG IMG_0529.JPG

96B183

98B212

97B110

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
Here's my Snorkel II. I'm still looking for the right bracelet or strap for it. As stated in the "No Love For Bulova?" thread, I eventually want to buy the blue and white version or a Lobster.

The mesh is simply superb! Thank god they are making the Accutron ll smaller than the huge Precisionist. I see one in my future.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

My two:
Stock
WRUW_2014-11-20 by clair_davis, on Flickr
Got her as a movement donor, but she was too nice to not wear for at least a little while. If I could find a decent bracelet, I might just keep her as-is.

Modified
WRUW_In_Thun by clair_davis, on Flickr
Needs longer hands in the worst way, but that's all I had in the bin. May paint the original ones white and put them back on with some proper lume.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like that case, on the pictures on Amazon looks too square but on your wrist looks really nice, is this a precisionist or an accutron II?

What's the difference between Preciosionist and Accutron II these days anyway?
This watch actually surprised me as in the pictures it looked too blingie with the polished coin edge bezel, but once I actually saw one on my wrist at an AD I bought it the same day.

It's neither a Precisionist series nor an Accutron II, but has the identical movement to the Accutron II.

For some reason Bulova is extremely closed mouth about the movements, and even more silent about what difference there might be between the original Precisionist and the newer Accutron II, but this seems to be the exact same P102.10 movement as some of the Precisionist watches.

Anyway, that watch is one of their "military" series: Military

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Thank you. I saw my chess board sitting there in dust one morning and thought the colors were perfect. I just read a thread on here on some photography and "light boxes" which I may need to make. Still, I only have my iPhone with the intent to get a DSLR at some point.

Reactions: poisonwazthecure

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Here's my Snorkel II. I'm still looking for the right bracelet or strap for it. As stated in the "No Love For Bulova?" thread, I eventually want to buy the blue and white version or a Lobster.

The mesh is simply superb! Thank god they are making the Accutron ll smaller than the huge Precisionist. I see one in my future.
Thank you! I didn't really like this particular mesh at first. It felt a little bit cheap to me but i didnt really care since I didnt buy the watch for the bracelet. I like it a lot better now but still want to see what the watch looks like on a more loose linked shark mesh.

1 - 20 of 418 Posts