WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to limit my watch intake and keep my collection lean. I am going to keep one of these. I like them both, but they could not be any different.

Which one should I keep and why? The 1968 Bulova Wrist Alarm or the 1973 Seiko Bellmatic?

Let the opinions fly!

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find the Bulova alarm more bell sounding, ironically, and it is also louder and lasts longer. Might be due to the fact that the Seiko needs servicing more...

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Tough choice, the bulova is only hand wind however it has a better classic look. So bulova.

Reactions: Oceankid

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient, Aragon, Deep Blue, Bulova, Swatch, Gruen Pocket Watch, Illinois Pocket Watch, Vostok
2,768 Posts
I love both brands. But based on looks alone. I'd rock the seiko. Looks sporty, more fun to wear and a bit larger too.

Sent while sitting on my toilet using Kakatalk easily flushed after a single wipe.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,141 Posts
Depends on how good their state is. The Seiko is more common, easier to replace and therefore you will also have it easier to replace parts if it ever becomes necessary. The Bulova is rarer and therefore potentially more valuable. But it is also less fuctional (no date, manual winding only). One has a fifties look, the other an early seventies look. Which is more your style?!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, my stylistic preferences change all the time. Right now I am feeling more like 1950s classic look and am leaning toward the Bulova for that reason. But next month or year I might be in a 1970s mood. Maybe I'll keep both, and only have one serviced at the moment. Appreciate all the input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts