WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
221 - 240 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Okay, I'm gonna need a little help here. I ordered this Nogis Mesh Stainless Steel band on March 29th and it just got here. In the pictures it didn't look this shiny. I kinda like it, but is it too shiny? It's easy to put on, cool in our heat, and adds a bit of dressiness, but since all the other black is matte (face and bezel), is it too much?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Watch accessory Strap
I think it's a classy look, but it is sure non-military.

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Wrist Strap

Bracelet Wrist Fashion accessory Jewellery Strap

It feels good, but my OCD is setting off alarms because of the matte/gloss juxtaposition. I need someone else to tell me it's okay, and I know that sounds weird, but that's just who I am. Ya'll have a great day wherever you are.

Reactions: yuletide

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Askofu... I don't like that at all. It just looks totally wrong to me. I think this watch belongs on military style canvas/fabric, Zulu style or leather. Brown, sandtan, camo or khaki.... just my 2 bobs worth!

Ita

Reactions: Askofu

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Askofu... I don't like that at all. It just looks totally wrong to me. I think this watch belongs on military style canvas/fabric, Zulu style or leather. Brown, sandtan, camo or khaki.... just my 2 bobs worth!

Ita
I agree. I knew it just didn't feel right. It's now back on its Fluco Pilot and looks good. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Mines just popped outa the box and onto my wrist for a few days :)

Still on the stock strap, which I like!

Ita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Just re-read the military history of the Heuer Bundeswehr and then went to look at the vintage ones for sale. There are NO more left to sell. Every site I visited had a SOLD tag on every watch. The price of those guys has gotta be going up. After reading about the pilots who wore them, I went back to my two-piece black zulu and think I like this the best. I'm especially proud that mine has the HKED on the face.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Just feels more military and I'm too OCD to wear a nato, so this is too cool. The metal work is brushed and not shiny.

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap Material property

This watch is a special one for me, a gift from the guys who made it, and when I thanked them, one of them posted this: "May this gift bring you joy every time you strap it on your wrist and wear it in good health." Just wanted to say that it does bring me joy every time I wear it and, at the moment, I am wearing it in good health. Good luck getting a vintage for any price--I think these watches caused the run on the old ones. I love mine. You can get a new one by Heuer for about $7,000, but I'd rather have this. God bless all who made it and all who wear it. Ya'll are all special.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It looks great on that strap...

Ita

Reactions: Burgs and hked

·
Registered
634 Posts
Finally picked up a used bundeswehr and eager to get some straps. Does anyone know if this will fit a thick one piece strap, say something 2mm+ thick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm really anxious to b able post some snaps here. I managed to score an original run version from a different forum sale. Should be around next week with some snaps.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Amazing what variety and quality you can come up with via WUS. Pictured arrivals this week.

1. HKED 1963 Seagull ST19 chronograph with swapped blue hands (much more readable than gold hands)

2. Chinese Watch subforum project watch with the huge, 3-day Peacock movement. Japanese Pilot incarnation

3. HKED Bundeswehr 2.0 also with the ST19 movement

4. Janis Trading / NTH Näcken Barracuda

5. MWW Seiko 62MAS Homage

Thanks to everyone involved in these projects. A shame that they can't be all worn at the same time.

Skip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Check this out: a Junghans, military style strap that was a gift from The Watcher in the U.S. To my mind, a perfect match! But then, take a look for yourself . . .

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Blue Jockstrap

And just love engraved buckles . . .

Buckle Strap Fashion accessory Belt Leather

This one's gonna stay on for quite a while. Love the watch, love the band. God bless, Ed and guys. Do be kind.

221 - 240 of 285 Posts