WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Clipperton
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all,

Just started working on watches and am attempting to fix up an old Buren Imperial for a friend. It's missing a hand, so I need to identify the movement and try to find a replacement. Besides that, the click spring (shown in the4th pic) has a small leg that has broken off. Not even sure if it's possible to get a replacement for that. Any help is appreciated.

20181112_202656.jpg

20181112_202700.jpg

20181112_203600.jpg

Screenshot_20181114-080811_Photos.jpg

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Clipperton
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did see that one but mine differs slightly, especially the click spring. Need to find some parts for it if possible, but I'm guessing that's a long shot. Assuming I can identify the movement/type a broken one of the same vintage for parts is probably the best bet. If some other views would help with identification please let me know.

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Clipperton
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I apologize, for some reason I thought the click was different. Looks exactly like the first picture. Now I just need to figure out the size and where to find a new click spring and hands.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi there,

...Now I just need to figure out the size and where to find a new click spring...
Honestly, I never considered to locate an buy such a spring. If I shot one into a high orbit, I bend a new one from a piece of flat wire, because I'd need more time to type an order and much more time to sweep the whole room with a magnet bar, with limited chance of success.

Assortments of flat wires are available from parts dealers, and once you bought a bag, it will serve you for the rest of your life.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Hi there,

Honestly, I never considered to locate an buy such a spring. If I shot one into a high orbit, I bend a new one from a piece of flat wire, because I'd need more time to type an order and much more time to sweep the whole room with a magnet bar, with limited chance of success.
I have noticed that I can never find a dropped small part by looking for it, no matter how hard I search. But if I stop actively looking for it, I immediately see it the next time I enter the room. ;-)

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I have noticed that I can never find a dropped small part by looking for it, no matter how hard I search. But if I stop actively looking for it, I immediately see it the next time I enter the room. ;-)
the problem is that one needs to find out which room to enter :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts