WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only $815,000.

I'm always amazed at the lengths to which high-end watchmakers go to one-up the competition. Well, this is a one-of-a-kind deal that will make a dent in your wallet the size of a crashed meteorite's crater.

From Gentlemen's Gadgets: http://www.gentlemansgadgets.com/in...-of-a-kind-magistralis-watch-by-louis-moinet/.
The actual trend shows: it gets extraterrestrial in the world of timekeeping. in order to that design movement, Louis Moinet finished one single watch which perfectly melts a hundred year-old movement and a proceeded unique piece of a luna meteorite which was once valuable to develop the knowledge of lunar geology. The 2000 year-old precious fragment is embedded under a 18-carat rose gold case which for its own is a complex work consisting of 90 pieces and featuring a distinctive pressure-controlled striking mechanism lever. Notable are also the 18,000 vibrations per hour of the movement and the distinctive striking mechanism which hammers out the hours, quarter-hours and minutes. Being a one-of-a-kind limited edition makes an extraordinary box inevitable. Thus it is hand-crafted from curly maple from the Jura time nad gets accompanied by a 1856 original Traité d'Horlogerie book by Louis Moinet.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
it shows the movt fellas. :-d

Louis Monet's watches are amazing, and like the painter of the same name, theyre true works of art. the watches & clocks have been owned by many early presidents, Napolean Boneapart, and many others. making this brand very exclusive & having a storied past.

As for the meteorite, they used two small disks cut from it to show the moon phase complication. Like Cuervo y Sobrinos, Louis Monet's case designs are as amazing as their movements and dials. (dont get me wrong, i wouldnt pay 800 large for one, id buy an island instead)

After seeing these COMPLETE pics, try saying its ugly. b-) BTW, the pics are not of the above watch the OP talked about, these are his "cheaper" ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts