1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you know?

A brief spec:
Seiko NH37A, date, 24h mini-dial
double shell case, steel + anodized aluminium, 46mm lower diameter.
rubber (direct) or leather (with steel adapters) strap
fiberglass dial,
inner rotating bezel,
2 crowns, screw down,
200m WR,
sapphire,
BGW9 Superluminova,
4 colour variations (blue or silver + orange, black + orange or red.

rr02-blue.PNG rr02-silver.PNG
rr02-black-o.PNG rr02-black-r.PNG

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems interesting, I already own the RR01 and this seems a good evolution.
Case size seems to be the same as RR01 but it changes quite a bit without the carbon fibre.

in any case I am with Bandido, quite curious to see the price (if in line with previous model then it is definitely worth); also let see the various color variant.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed about the evolution, about first RR, price, look, etc.
I've found yesterday, that Dmitry made a draft of product card only for this colour on Meranom site. No price yet.

He made a nice and modern timepiece imo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes, also with the 2 straps option.
one like the previous RR, the other with some fitting link like the ones they started selling recently for Amphibian.
Those links have not completely convinced me so far..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I also think that this price is acceptable.

My preference about colour is: blue and silver on the top. Black-orange is on the lowest level of my desire, but I also like it. Black-red is in the middle.
Speaking about the straps, I would prefer a leather as a spare, and a rubber as a basics.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So... to get back to the watch..

I cannot understand if the size is the SAME as RR01. It states 46,6mm and 56,3 mm lug to lug. Si I feel this one is 46 on top and literals huge on the wrist.
I will never be able to wear a 56 lug-to-lug (my wrist diameter is barely 50mm), so people, what do you think? is this a HUGE watch?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I cannot understand if the size is the SAME as RR01. It states 46,6mm and 56,3 mm lug to lug. Si I feel this one is 46 on top and literals huge on the wrist.
I will never be able to wear a 56 lug-to-lug (my wrist diameter is barely 50mm), so people, what do you think? is this a HUGE watch?
As owner of the RR01, I think this new and more modern model looks like quite identical. I would say it seems huge on paper but "normal" once on the wrist...;-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
well, it DOES seems a little bigger than the old one on the wrist of Dmitry! especially with the "fake lugs" or "lugs extension".. I think those add some good 5 millimetres to the whole package..

I am finding excuses NOT to buy it, I know..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
RR02 has the same caliber family as RR01. In addition it has an inner bezel. So it should have the room for this bezel.

According to Meranom site.
RR01 lower diameter 46mm, upper diameter 42mm.

RR02 case width 46,6mm without lugs.

And 56,3 with lugs.
Seems like placing the lugs to RR01 we will have about 56 mm (55,7?).

I suppose that the upper diameter should be bigger than 42mm. Again, because of the bezel, stored inside.

No magic here, RR02 must be bigger. A simple maths from elementary school.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts