WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
RR02 has the same caliber family as RR01. In addition it has an inner bezel. So it should have the room for this bezel.

According to Meranom site.
RR01 lower diameter 46mm, upper diameter 42mm.

RR02 case width 46,6mm without lugs.

And 56,3 with lugs.
Seems like placing the lugs to RR01 we will have about 56 mm (55,7?).

I suppose that the upper diameter should be bigger than 42mm. Again, because of the bezel, stored inside.

No magic here, RR02 must be bigger. A simple maths from elementary school.
Have you ordered one now they are available?

·
Registered
89 Posts
RR02 has the same caliber family as RR01. In addition it has an inner bezel. So it should have the room for this bezel.

According to Meranom site.
RR01 lower diameter 46mm, upper diameter 42mm.

RR02 case width 46,6mm without lugs.

And 56,3 with lugs.
Seems like placing the lugs to RR01 we will have about 56 mm (55,7?).

I suppose that the upper diameter should be bigger than 42mm. Again, because of the bezel, stored inside.

No magic here, RR02 must be bigger. A simple maths from elementary school.
well.. caliber is not exactly the same!
my feeling is that that the different in size is more than 0,6 millimetres.
the lug-to-lug in rr01 was difficult to calculate because the strap goes immediately down. I calculated 48.8..

If the 56,3 is with the additional lugs to have leather I would like to know how much is with rubber... my fear is that the watch is 46 on top and something like 50 lower diameter

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
well.. caliber is not exactly the same!
my feeling is that that the different in size is more than 0,6 millimetres.
the lug-to-lug in rr01 was difficult to calculate because the strap goes immediately down. I calculated 48.8..

If the 56,3 is with the additional lugs to have leather I would like to know how much is with rubber... my fear is that the watch is 46 on top and something like 50 lower diameter
Yes it is not the same. but has the same basis
https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh37a/
https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh35a/

The dimention is the same for both and family based:
Diameter 27.40mm (outside) / 29.36mm (casing)
Height 5.32mm

Speaking of the size with lugs.
Take a look at the pictures. The rubber strap is the same for 01 and 02, they discuss it below the goods description, so the lugs should be the same. That is why it is simple to calculate
56,3 - 46,6 = 9,7 This is the difference between rubber (no lugs) and leather versions) for RR02

Simply add to RR01 46 this 9,7 and you will get a RR01 size with lugs (55,7)

About 46mm as a top diameter... You've just put a grain of doubt, but I've understood the description as 46,6mm is a max diameter. What is the reason to give something else?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes it is not the same. but has the same basis
https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh37a/
https://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh35a/

The dimention is the same for both and family based:
Diameter 27.40mm (outside) / 29.36mm (casing)
Height 5.32mm

Speaking of the size with lugs.
Take a look at the pictures. The rubber strap is the same for 01 and 02, they discuss it below the goods description, so the lugs should be the same. That is why it is simple to calculate
56,3 - 46,6 = 9,7 This is the difference between rubber (no lugs) and leather versions) for RR02

Simply add to RR01 46 this 9,7 and you will get a RR01 size with lugs (55,7)

About 46mm as a top diameter... You've just put a grain of doubt, but I've understood the description as 46,6mm is a max diameter. What is the reason to give something else?
If the difference with the RR01 is ONLY 0.6 mm then I should buy it!
I write a message to Dmitry to find out how it is

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here what Dmitry says about it:

Upper diameter is 43,3 mm
Lover diameter 46,6 mm

therefore on rubber it will be just 0,6 mm larger than RR01; on the leather then will be 56.3.

he says the feeling on wrist is similar to Amphibia 1967

well.. now is just about my credit card

·
Registered
104 Posts
I really like this version with the rotating inner bezel more compared to the first one, however the 090 case lug to lug distance is my upper limit; this seems it may be a little too large for my wrists unfortunately.

One of the things stopping me from jumping at the 1967s is the lug to lug distance as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I really like this version with the rotating inner bezel more compared to the first one, however the 090 case lug to lug distance is my upper limit; this seems it may be a little too large for my wrists unfortunately.

One of the things stopping me from jumping at the 1967s is the lug to lug distance as well.
I know! this is why I still have not bought it. I decided to wait.. maybe also the covid situation will improve and the watch would have arrived at the same time..

·
Registered
379 Posts
I like the watch, I like the price, but I don't like the size. Just way too big for my wrist and taste.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I like the watch, I like the price, but I don't like the size. Just way too big for my wrist and taste.
It was a rap, dude)))

I like the watch,
I like the price,
I like design
But I don't like size.
They way too big.
This bugs me a lot.
I want this watch.
But I can not.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A big enough set of live photos in WRU thread, dedicated to RR
thank you for the post!
I have seen the difference in size between old and new model, partially because of the additional lugs. I appreciate that the crown in the new model is a little smaller and closer to the case compared to the old. At the end of the day I think it can wear similarly to the old one

21 - 40 of 63 Posts