WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of your guys buy through them?
OK...just sold a watch on Yahoo Auctions Japan (Seiko beater, not worthy to sell to someone on this forum)
and the highest bidder was Buyee.
They contact me saying something like "we are purchasing this on behalf of one of our overseas users. We will take care of the transaction, but if you do not feel like you would want to transact with our user through us please notify us and cancel this."
If I cancel, then I will get less ¥.
Further, they send me a message to change my method of shipping. WTF?
In short, from a sellers perspective, Buyee really sucks.
How much (what percentage) do they charge you?
/rant

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have purchased from them about a dozen times in the past year. They charge 5% auction fee and 150 yen service fee. And the buyer pays for shipping, first to them, and then to you, and they give the buyer six choices for shipping carriers.

They have treated me right on every transaction so far, and not one problem with shipping, packaging or timeliness. Again, I have only purchased from them, never sold anything to them.

Reactions: mcnabbanov

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hi, I used buyee half dozen times and tried fromjapan

apart from the various fees, they seems to charge the "domestic shipping" amount accordingly to the shipping service offered by the seller
and I never paid the same amount twice :), anyway always around 500-650¥

I think can be annoying for a seller been asked to change the shipping method, maybe they want it "registered"?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,
I have used them several times and I also have used FromJapan. From the buyer perspective the Buyee fees are quite high, but you do not have to place any deposit (using FromJapan you do) and they check the goods once they received it. As mentioned above they could ask the seller to change the shipping method in order to get tracking or higher insurance).

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I've used it several times over the last few years, never any problems, always nice good deals on watches. The fees do add up a bit, plus shipping, plus conversion fees charged by credit card, so take that into account when figuring out the total price.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I've always used Jauce. Though the fee are higher, the service has been extraordinary and they will hold then bulk package items if needed. It makes it more affordable to buy a few cheaper items and send them together. They always package with great care.

I've had two packages lost but they have always come through with an insurance refund after doing the mail inquiry. I suppose you get what you pay for.

-Brian

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Do any of your guys buy through them?
OK...just sold a watch on Yahoo Auctions Japan (Seiko beater, not worthy to sell to someone on this forum)
and the highest bidder was Buyee.
They contact me saying something like "we are purchasing this on behalf of one of our overseas users. We will take care of the transaction, but if you do not feel like you would want to transact with our user through us please notify us and cancel this."
If I cancel, then I will get less ¥.
Further, they send me a message to change my method of shipping. WTF?
In short, from a sellers perspective, Buyee really sucks.
How much (what percentage) do they charge you?
/rant
You'd be well advised to go through with your sale otherwise they'll mark you as an uncooperative seller and advise anyone buying through them not to place bids on your auctions. This will have an impact on any future sales as you'll have less bidders. Is changing shipping method such an issue?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why do you think that, some of us are in the hobby for tinkering and are looking for less than mint watches
Running slower than spec, no paperwork, no original box, and no extra links. Shipping is usually around $25 by EMS, and paypal charges their 4.5%, so I just went the local auction route with this one for a no hassle sale.
I have not been around here much, but I feel this is sort of a community with mutual respect, where I do not want to sell something that I would not buy. If that makes any sense...hahaha

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You'd be well advised to go through with your sale otherwise they'll mark you as an uncooperative seller and advise anyone buying through them not to place bids on your auctions. This will have an impact on any future sales as you'll have less bidders. Is changing shipping method such an issue?
Thank you for your reply to this thread.
Wait, Buyee "rates" yahoo auction sellers?
I have no problem with that. I am blocking their ID. My auction clearly stated the method of shipping, a method of shipping most users use for such an item, and never had anyone ask to change before. If they wanted to change the method of shipping, they should have sent me a question before bidding.

But, my main issue is, why the hell do I have to transact with "their user"? Buy is the bidder/one registered with the auction. If they are getting paid by "their user" for their service, that should have nothing to do with me. They should just purchase it like everyone else, whatever they do after that has nothing to do with me. Buyee's ID has a lot of negative feedback from people that feel the same way as I do.
I do not know if they are still around, but dealing with Rinkya, was a regular transaction. You would not know they were a bidding service, unless you just knew. So I had zero issues with them.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I am using Zenmarket personally and it started because they would get something for me from a buyer that Buyee had blocked. So I guess there's an issue there with how Buyee conducts their business. Zero issues buying stuff through Zenmarket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting to see this feedback about Buyee. I have been using Rinkya exclusively for the last few years (watches, car parts, wheels, etc) and their fees were getting out of control, especially for smaller items like watches.

Maybe I'll need to skip Buyee too if they treat the YAJ seller that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts