WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only going to put facts here.

I bought a watch from "Oldko" three weeks ago, a Brazilian Frogman. I sent him the money in Paypal, which was 580 U.S. dollars. After not hearing anything for a few days, I emailed him and asked him if he sent the watch yet and for a tracking number. He emailed me back saying that his secretary mailed the watch (and other watches to other people) and would get the tracking number from her and get back to me. I haven't heard from him since.

I have REPEATEDLY tried emailing him and haven't gotten a single response from him. I understand that it takes a while for a watch to get here from Singapore, especially if it's sent via the cheapest method available.

He may have sent the watch, he may not have. I have no idea since he won't get back to me. I do know that I still don't have it three weeks later, and I don't have a tracking number to see where it is.

If you buy from him in the future, I hope you have better luck with him than I have.

He hasn't posted on this forum since I bought the watch from him, but HE IS POSTING ON ANOTHER FORUM related to computer products. His last post on that site was only a few days ago. I know it's him because it's the same email address that he registered with on this site.

Seem fishy? Again, good luck if you ever deal with him in the future; that is, if he ever starts posting here again.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what to do with Paypal. I sent it to him as a "gift" to avoid the fees (on his end) like I've done many times before. Paypal tells me that there's nothing they can do since it wasn't for goods. Anyone know of a way I can reverse this?

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you send money as "gift", PayPal will do nothing. If you use credit card via PayPal, contact you credit card.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Come on guys, don't send money as a gift unless it is really a gift. You cheat PayPal and most of all, you cheat yourself.

Sorry about your possible loss.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called Paypal just to give it a shot and they actually opened a dispute and said that if he doesn't respond to them that I may actually get my money refunded. She started by saying that if it was sent as a gift then it wouldn't be possible, but after putting the details in she was surprised to see that it actually let her open a case on it. Lesson learned here...... Never send money as a gift. Seemed harmless at the time, but could very well end up biting you in the a$$ in the long run.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Well I called Paypal just to give it a shot and they actually opened a dispute and said that if he doesn't respond to them that I may actually get my money refunded. She started by saying that if it was sent as a gift then it wouldn't be possible, but after putting the details in she was surprised to see that it actually let her open a case on it. Lesson learned here...... Never send money as a gift. Seemed harmless at the time, but could very well end up biting you in the a$$ in the long run.
I posted this advice to potential buyers months ago. This is a perfect example of why the "gift" is a bad idea. And sadly why I think you'll probably lose your money. But I hope you don't. But most of all, I hope you learned a valuable lesson.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I posted this advice to potential buyers months ago. This is a perfect example of why the "gift" is a bad idea. And sadly why I think you'll probably lose your money. But I hope you don't. But most of all, I hope you learned a valuable lesson.
I do sent funds as a gift if I have known the seller for a period of time. Most of the guys I have known for many years. If it's someone I don't know then I won't do it.
I trusted Oldko because he has been on this site for a few years and I haven't heard anything negative about him, only positive things. All in all, this doesn't make sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts