WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I recently saw a post on the Citizen Signature Grand Automatic Classic Automatic NB0040-58E

It features a display case-back as well as an automatic movement and I immediately fell in love with it. I'm looking to purchase one of these immediately but all the listings and sites that I have been looking through only give a minimal discount (original MSRP of $999 selling for $995). I was wondering does anyone know a good place to purchase this watch online or whether there is an AD in Toronto, Canada that carries this model? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Below are some pictures of the watch.

Thanks!

View attachment 998638 View attachment 998639 View attachment 998640

·
Registered
521 Posts
If it was my ~$1000 for a black dialed ss watch I'm looking at a Sinn 556 or an Archimedes Outdoor... stuff along that line.
Nothing wrong with the Citizen except the price... IMO.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If it was my ~$1000 for a black dialed ss watch I'm looking at a Sinn 556 or an Archimedes Outdoor... stuff along that line.
Nothing wrong with the Citizen except the price... IMO.
Wont agree, the signature collection out rivals them all. From my personal impression, the quality level is closer to omegas then any of those. IMO

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That Citizen certainly looks nice. It has a fine looking dial and unique movement decoration. If the brand conceptions of the public don't impact you, I see no reason this wouldn't be a fine watch, even fora bit less than a $1000.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Try watchit.ca

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I bought mine (white dial) on ebay for $650. It came with a signed/stamped warranty card from an AD in California. That puts it in approximately the same price range as the Seiko Alpinist, Mido Multifort, Certina DS-1, and Helson Shark Diver that it shares my watch box with. The Citizen easily beats them all in terms of quality, no question about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine (white dial) on ebay for $650. It came with a signed/stamped warranty card from an AD in California. That puts it in approximately the same price range as the Seiko Alpinist, Mido Multifort, Certina DS-1, and Helson Shark Diver that it shares my watch box with. The Citizen easily beats them all in terms of quality, no question about it.
Do you mind giving me the seller's info?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts