WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Greetings from Peru.
It's come the time to get my first TAG. I will go for the Aquaracer.
However, in Lima you can only find them at one store. An Aquaracer Quartz Watch as the one I like costs US$1500 and they have a limited quantity to choose from.
That's the reason I began looking at US stores. The same model can be found at Amazon.com for US$ 720, half the price; from a store I trust.
As TAGs come with international guarantee, I don't think it's a bad deal.
Can anyone share with us about buying a TAG online ? Is there any problem I'm not seeing ?

Thanks,

JC

·
Registered
41,857 Posts
There will be no valid TAG warranty from an on-line "dealer". TAG will now
repair, with serial number, watches in normal warranty period, but at your
expence.

·
Registered
719 Posts
it's a huge gamble buying online. it's just like rolling the dice and hoping for the best. for me, i'm ok with paying more money, just to get the peace of mind, that comes from walking into a ad and getting a watch. personally, i would never buy any brand of watch online.

can't you just go to this store and order the one you want? i know waiting can be tough sometimes, but in the end, i'm sure you'll be glad you did. especially if you have to send your tag in for repair and then getting the bill lol. simple repairs can be really expensive when it comes to watches.

i have a few friends that tried to take the cheaper route with other brands and got screwed, in the end. needless to say, they won't be doing that again. i tried to worn them lol.

good luck

Hi,
Greetings from Peru.
It's come the time to get my first TAG. I will go for the Aquaracer.
However, in Lima you can only find them at one store. An Aquaracer Quartz Watch as the one I like costs US$1500 and they have a limited quantity to choose from.
That's the reason I began looking at US stores. The same model can be found at Amazon.com for US$ 720, half the price; from a store I trust.
As TAGs come with international guarantee, I don't think it's a bad deal.
Can anyone share with us about buying a TAG online ? Is there any problem I'm not seeing ?

Thanks,

JC

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ordered ordered online and the whole transaction has been a total disaster. I was hoping to get a watch at a substantial discount from what I thought was a trusted company. The wrong watch was sent to me in the box that had the outside labeling of the watch that I ordered. The watch was returned for a refund, and I recently received an email that the watch had been received by the Return Department ( It took them almost a month to acknowledge the receipt of the return - per data provided by the United States Postal Service) Now I am wondering how long it will take to get my Refund. I am suppose to get another email if they determine that I am due a Refund. I will never order from this company again and I will never order such an expensive item online again.Beware of the company that you mentioned in your original Post.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Ordered and received many watches online, low end to fairly expensive, no problems. Sure, go ahead and spend twice as much for "peace of mind".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered and received many watches online, low end to fairly expensive, no problems. Sure, go ahead and spend twice as much for "peace of mind".
Thanks for your answers.
I would appreciate very much if anyone with experience dealing with prestigetime.com can send me a private message.

JC

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered a Gucci watch online for my girlfriend and no issues whatsoever.

I ordered it from a US company and had it delivered to New Zealand where I live.

I just purchased an Aquaracer Automatic Chronograph duty free in Hawaii. Cost me US$1204 all up as my girlfriend is in the travel industry and receives a 20% at the duty free shop in question. Again, no issues.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i don't pay "twice as much" for peace of mind. one of the benefits of always buying from the same ad, is that you get a good discount. and, it gets better over time and the more they get to know you. in fact, i've been buying from them for so long now, i get discounts that are better then online, in some cases. my last purchase, which was a breitling for bentley. the price was so good, that i had to jump on it. and, i still haven't seen it for lower anywhere online. so, i get peace of mind and a good price. but, my point was, that i would pay more then the prices online, just to get peace of mind. prices aren't that good online, where someone will pay twice as much in a physical store. if that is really the case, then the ad's you've been too aren't going as low in price, as they could. before finding local ad and always buying from them, i used to follow a rule when it comes to buying any watch. when dealing with a salesperson, if he/she hasn't made a call to someone to get the ok on a certain discount, then they haven't gone low enough. this doesn't apply if your actually dealing with the owner of course lol. and, being a big panerai and audemars piguet nut, some watches just don't discount at all, so there isn't anything you can do about that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some online dealers offer amazing discounts, but read the fine print. Many of these watches have the serial number erased. Do you want a top brand under those conditions. The Tag Heuer warranty does not apply to these watches, but someone mentioned that Tag will service the watch at a cost to you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a seiko sportura from overstocked.com for $360 and the original price was $1000 so that was a good deal and the watch seems ok. The only down side was that I dont have a seiko warrenty and that it did not come with the original box or book. now I want to buy a Tag Carrera chrono. and one some sites they have it at $1800 while my local dealer can get it for $2500. In this case I would like to know the warrenty period because if its only a year then its worth saving $700 on the watch. I didnt realize they scape off the serial numbers. Thats crazy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
John,
I just emailed you- also interested in your AD, as I am looking to buy a TH Carrera Chronograph next year.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I bought a seiko sportura from overstocked.com for $360 and the original price was $1000 so that was a good deal and the watch seems ok. The only down side was that I dont have a seiko warrenty and that it did not come with the original box or book. now I want to buy a Tag Carrera chrono. and one some sites they have it at $1800 while my local dealer can get it for $2500. In this case I would like to know the warrenty period because if its only a year then its worth saving $700 on the watch. I didnt realize they scape off the serial numbers. Thats crazy.
Not all online dealers scrape off serial numbers.
Simply inquire in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any watch you buy online will most likely not carry the factory warranty, but may carry an even longer warranty from the store selling online. A watch at a really BIG discount, is probably a fake. You don't save that much on a real watch on line, but availability is the big advantage, as many class watches are limited in what you can get locally. You first need to make sure that you can contact the store via phone. Check the store out to find out if they have been in business a long time, sell only watches, and are an actual store in an actual city. You can look them up on the web through search directories and listings for businesses in the city where they front. I would never buy on line unless I had references from someone else who had successfully done business with the store. I have purchased a rolex, and two panerais on line. All three have been taken to my local jeweler (where I have purchased before) who sells both brands and is bigtime into watches. All three have been verified and cleaned by his people. He will not even work on fake watches. Rolex and Panerai will remove his "door" if he repairs "replicas". All three watches have been 100 per cent authentic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not all online dealers scrape off serial numbers.
Simply inquire in advance.
I have never seen a class watch bought on line or off with scraped serial numbers. I would only buy a watch that had all numbers, matched all paperwork, had boxes and authentication materials.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts