WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what steps one can do to ensure that their buying a real rolex even though its used. Im interested in the Seadwellers, and just wanted to know what I should look for when purchasing a used one. I'll probably pick one up from the for sale section of the forum(not in the immediate future but eventually), so any recommendations would be great. Also, where I could find reference information regarding what the "series" mean, dates the watches were produced?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
39,197 Posts
If you buy from an AD, it'll be certified. Sometimes it hard to varify dates of production because cases are sometimes made up to two years in advance and stored. An AD worth their salt will have the info.

·
Registered
39,197 Posts
Pre-owned, high end watch shops that are not ADs might have them. A
good example is Jackson Square in Redwood City, Ca. Pre-owned
watches are a huge part of Tourneau and some ADs are getting the clue
that a trade-in program can be very lucrative.
What AD's carry used watches?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I was just wondering what steps one can do to ensure that their buying a real rolex even though its used. Im interested in the Seadwellers, and just wanted to know what I should look for when purchasing a used one. I'll probably pick one up from the for sale section of the forum(not in the immediate future but eventually), so any recommendations would be great. Also, where I could find reference information regarding what the "series" mean, dates the watches were produced?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Just start regularly checking the sales forums Mike.
You'll see certain names turn up on a regular basis with nice used Rolexes for sale.
These guys obviously aren't scamming people or they'd get the boot and their names would be widely blackballed.
Definitely buy the seller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts