WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing through some local online classifieds and I came across a used Suunto X-lander for around 100usd, which is quite a good price since we don't have a lot of these locally here in Hong Kong. The thing is, it's quite well worn with some of the black paint on the bezel coming off which I don't mind but there is a dent near the top left button, towards the bottom of the watch. I don't know what could have caused something like this but it seems quite unusual place to have a dent.
I'm not familiar with these watches so I don't know if there's anything in particular to look out for, especially when getting a used one. I remember a few years ago, I read something about some watches having circuitry problems or issues with the battery that caused it to reset periodically or something like that, although I can't remember if it was the vector or X-lander.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Pic of the dent
Yellow Watch Macro photography Watch phone

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Dive computer

·
Registered
223 Posts
The battery draining problems were with the earlier Cores, not the X-Landers. The X-Landers have the same "guts" as the Vectors, & I have not heard of any problems with the X-Landers & Vectors.

However, I have never seen an X-Lander Military with an orange ring. That only appears in the Vector X-Black.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I did think it was weird but it turns out it's the Japanese version:
SUUNTO -ƒXƒ“ƒg- X-LANDER Limited

Btw, can you tell me what that mark is under the 2 on thd time display? I zoomed into the pic to check out the scratches on the LCD and noticed it. It seems to be part of the LCD display but I can't find out what it is from my searches.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Btw, can you tell me what that mark is under the 2 on thd time display? I zoomed into the pic to check out the scratches on the LCD and noticed it. It seems to be part of the LCD display but I can't find out what it is from my searches.
I too can't seem to figure out what that mark is. It is not the Alarm symbol, as that should be on the far left with the bell symbol. In Time mode, the Sub-modes are Alarm 1,2,3, Stopwatch & Timer. It looks like it is in Timer sub-mode but I can't seem to get that mark when I operate my Timer, including pausing the timer.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Is it a low battery indicator?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys, I knew I'd seen it before so after looking through some search results I've found that it is indeed the low battery indicator.

Here's how it looks on the non negative dial:
Technology Watch Dive computer Pedometer Electronic device
I'm pretty certain that's what it is since the location and the shape pretty much match up even though the main batter logo is not clearly visible on the negative dial watch.

One thing I don't notice in the pic however, are the bars around the outer rim to indicate the seconds but maybe it's just in a different mode where they are not visible.
The main thing that concerns me is the dent and the location of it. As stated in my original post it seems like an unusual place for a dent but other than that is there any ways I can tell if there's any other type of damage by looking at the screws or opening the battery screw on the back of it?

EDIT:
Btw, if it is indeed the low battery mode would I still be able to test the backlight and alarms?

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
If you are this concerned I would wslk away. Bottom line... we can't tell you what to do with your money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts