WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I need some advice regarding the quality of this watch (or just about this brand in general, if anyone have something from them):
10600 Nestor steel black leather

My knowledge of watches is more than limited; in fact I'm looking to buy my first. That's why I'd like some advice on this. I like the watch, and I can get it for around 200€. Most places, including the brand's website, put it's price closer to 1500. Now, I certainly don't believe it's worth anything near that and therefore I am getting the deal of a lifetime, I'm only asking about how it looks like to someone who knows a lot more about watches. Is that "Swiss-made" label trustworthy? Would I be getting a decent quality item?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Never heard of them personally, but sure someone on here will have.

My take on small brands is do a lot of research and thinking first, including getting wrist time with them and comparing the look/feel to other brands in your price point.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I wouldn't touch it. There are small brands that do a good job of delivering quality, then there are small brands that do a good job of emulating expensive brands with no attention to build quality or good material/parts. I suspect this one is the latter. A watch of this price point has no business adding diamonds etc... while not even mentioning what "swiss" movement is in it?

EDIT: thought this was an automatic sorry, if it's a quartz it doesn't much matter honestly. If it is a decent quartz it'll likely tick for a good while if the case is actually sealed and everything is assembled properly. But for the money you could get a nice seiko auto that would be much more enjoyable IMO

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Troll thread? If not, Chrono Diamond is another Invicta in the making. The brand is too new for anyone to say anything about long-term quality, but the combination of high pricing, pedestrian design, and *limited editions for quartz* watches looks like a blatant rip-off for watch noobs. That MSRP for quartz, and it's not solar/kinetic/radio-controlled/GPS? Puts "Swiss made" label to shame. If you like the design and could get it for dirt-cheap price, nothing wrong with that, but don't expect to get anything more special than any other $200 quartz watch.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
SWISS??? Very doubtful, stay away, you can find better ways /watches to waste your money on.....IMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not trolling, no. More or less what I was thinking, anyway. The "swiss made" label gave me pause, suspiciously so, but I wanted a more informed opinion. Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Adventure is callingDark and mysterious, at the same time significantly masculine -- this is Nestor, the wrist watch for the adventure. Whether in the Amazon, high above the clouds or in the desert, Nestor is a faithful companion in all life situations. 4 decent diamonds relate robustness and elegance. The black structured strap in authentic leather gives style to the case with a diameter of 41 mm. Further silver details on the dial confer it a clearness of display. The watch Nestor is limited to 3,000 pieces.

I don't think diamonds on a dial (decent or not) are masculine or relate robustness. Maybe elegance. But who wants an elegant chrono w/ diamonds?

Modell-No.: 10600
  • Stainless steel case gilded
  • Leather wristlet
  • Quarz caliber swiss made
  • Hardened mineral glass
  • 4 diamonds at clock face
  • Zirconia at clock face
  • Date
  • Chronograph
  • Case diameter 41 mm
  • Height 12 mm
  • Band width 20 mm
  • 5 ATM water resistant
  • Limited numbered edition 3000 pieces
  • Weight 78g with wristlet
  • Recommended retail price 1.550 € / 1.940 CHF

Mineral glass? I'd pass on that alone for over 100 bucks/pounds.

Of concern also is if they cannot hire a competant proof reader then what is their quality control like?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Thought about it for a bit - for a paltry £17 more you can get this;

Well known, Swiss company with a considerable history. Watch is one of their more popular models with many reviews and thousand of happy owners. No crappy diamonds, no dumb looking "CHRONO" stamped on the bezel in 2 places. Inside that bezel is a proper sapphire crystal. A proper tachymetre (which is one reason some people by a chrono). More than "decent quality". It has 200 meters water resistance - the brand x model has only 50 meters, and the Tissot has a screw down crown - the Nestor doesn't. The PRC200 has a little lume - now there is some 'sparkle' you can use!, of course the Chronodiamond doesn't.The Tissot does have a deployant clasp versus ...well, you know by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought about it for a bit - for a paltry £17 more you can get this
Thank you for the suggestion, although I can't actually find it near that price range. Could you point me in the right direction?

Also thanks to everyone else, for covering my doubts. I'll be staying away.

·
Premium Member
69,490 Posts
Good to hear that you will be giving it a miss. I'm not exactly a canny buyer but that seemed like a bad deal. A lot of money for not a lot of watch.

·
Registered
605 Posts
In that price range swiss is hard to come by, tissot is a goos start though. Also seriously consider seiko, orient and citizeb. Citizen have some really nice looking chronos of far better quality than that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have the older version of the tissot, great first watch, no regrets

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Tissot PRC 200, it is a terrific watch for a Quartz chronograph. Check out the blue dial/blue band version. It is one of those watches that can be worn with practically anything, T-Shirt to suit. Super sturdy, comfortable and reliable.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts