·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
1. do you speak/read/write Russian?
2. hopefully it wont happen, but if there's something wrong with the watch, how comfortable are you with sending the watch back to them?
I have nothing against Russian or Russia, this is not a knock against them, but against their custom practice where they open literally every package and it's been known a few items do go missing from time to time.

·
Registered
31,421 Posts
I have nothing against Russian or Russia, this is not a knock against them, but against their custom practice where they open literally every package and it's been known a few items do go missing from time to time.
Agree, from first hand experience.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Old Russian saying....A Fool and his money is quick to part.
If (notice Bold IF)they were to rip you off...How would you go about getting your money back...:-s

Reactions: Hammondo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Peds.

I am also looking to purchasing a watch (hublot) watch from lombrad-perspectiva.ru

But I get no respons.

Did you buy the watch? How was the experience?

Best regards
Erling
Denmark

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dear Peds.

I am also looking to purchasing a watch (hublot) watch from lombrad-perspectiva.ru

But I get no respons.

Did you buy the watch? How was the experience?

Best regards
Erling
Denmark
I read on local watch forum and it seems legit (by that i mean that the pawn shop actually exists and operates activelly by buying and selling watches) highly unlikely that you are getting a fake watch, but there might be questions with condition of the watch you are getting as well with the price.

as was mentioned above, not worth to deal with russian custom, in case you might need to send the watch back...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read on local watch forum and it seems legit (by that i mean that the pawn shop actually exists and operates activelly by buying and selling watches) highly unlikely that you are getting a fake watch, but there might be questions with condition of the watch you are getting as well with the price.

as was mentioned above, not worth to deal with russian custom, in case you might need to send the watch back...
Hey Nikoloz, what is the name of the local watch forum please? The funny thing about this place is that while they carry a whopping 600+ watches, they never reply to any messages! Although on chrono24 they have a brit and rus flags waving... So they should have English language capability...

Udder, I would never ever buy a watch in Russia and ask them to send it by post. Think about getting over there for a week to breathe in Moscow in summer. Girls are wow, prices are currently lower than they have been in a while (although very recently they were even lower), and you can see the watch in person - this is a must, imho, when you talk second hand watches. Especially that you don't know how and where this watch was used. Not all Russians have money and understand how to treat expensive items they buy.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Buy it somewhere else. Not worth the risk. If you can't get it somewhere else, that is a red flag to me. I bought mine from an AD in Austria over the internet. They ordered it from Alain Silberstein, I had to wait several months to get it. If its a very good deal, I'd probably walk away.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey Nikoloz, what is the name of the local watch forum please? The funny thing about this place is that while they carry a whopping 600+ watches, they never reply to any messages! Although on chrono24 they have a brit and rus flags waving... So they should have English language capability...

Udder, I would never ever buy a watch in Russia and ask them to send it by post. Think about getting over there for a week to breathe in Moscow in summer. Girls are wow, prices are currently lower than they have been in a while (although very recently they were even lower), and you can see the watch in person - this is a must, imho, when you talk second hand watches. Especially that you don't know how and where this watch was used. Not all Russians have money and understand how to treat expensive items they buy.
The local watch forum, i was refering to is watch . ru. However it would be hard to read it with some sort of online translate, if you dont happen to know russian :)

The 600 watches is probably BS, either they dont update the listing or just trying too hard to get as many clicks as possible.

However will all that said, the prices for watches are still pretty reasonable, not as good as it was in recent winter ( bought brand new reverso 976 at jlc boutique for less than 5k) , but still decent if you can get a vat tax deduction. So if you plan to visit it for watches ( and girls) it is totally worth it :)

Отправлено с моего Philips I908 через Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I partly live in Ukraine and have dealt with local pawn shops. Of course Russia is much bigger market and has bigger selection.
Never ever would I buy from them without seeing the watch. Many a time I encountered that the condition of the watch which on their web stated very good in reality was very bad. I remember beautiful Nardin Aqua Perpetual but unfortunately its case was ruined by an idiot who decided to use sandpaper at home to finish it. There were also instances that box and papers were from another watch. People here buy expensive watches to show off and do not give them due care as they have enough money to buy a new one at any time. In current situation in Russia and Ukraine one can find great deals on used watches but I would never risk buying from there remotely.
On Perspectiva web site there even no real photos of the items they sell. On Chrono24 as well.
And yes forget about returns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts