WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help from all you experts (yeah I know, and I feel dirty already)! :roll:

I want to buy a MTG960 but in Sweden it costs about 400 USD and that´s way to much for me! In the US however you apperently can get one for about 100 USD! Does anyone know a good, relieble web-store in the US that ships to Sweden? Could it be a problem buying an atomic in the US and using it in Europe? Any others problems I should take into consideration? Warranty, taxes etc? Ebay is not an option...

I´m looking for a Casio that will do its service as a beater, have reversed display and preferrably atomic. Do you experts (I know, I know!) suggest any other model than the MTG960?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
You will get a cheaper price, so I think it's a wise decision.

Why eBay is not an option for you? eBay would offer a lot of options of good, honest sellers that ship worldwide. Personally, I would recommend you MSGdistributors. Michael is an outstanding seller, and he has many clients among this forum members.

The first thing you'll have to check before buying is if the model you want can receive European atomic signals, because sometimes the models for the North American market, although the same as the ones you see in Europe, can only receive Japanese and American signals.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, there´s probably loads of great sellers and non-fake watches on ebay but still, the risk of being tricked is probably higher then if you buy from a well known AD. And I´ve been browsing ebay and there´s no MTG960 anyway so... any hints on good AD´s?

·
Registered
153 Posts
why Ebay Is Not An Option For You? Ebay Would Offer A Lot Of Options Of Good, Honest Sellers That Ship Worldwide. Personally, I Would Recommend You msgdistributors. Michael Is An Outstanding Seller, And He Has Many Clients Among This Forum Members.

:-!:-! :-!:-!Awesome:-!:-!:-!:-!

And as i said before

Michael is a very kind person and an excellent Ebay salesman. The quality of the product and the service he provided is FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts

I tried to find the model you want from US online sellers (MTG960), but I think there would be a problem if you source it from the US: all the ones I located can only work with the Japanese and the American transmitters, so the Atomic function would not work in Europe.

I think this will be the case of many solar/atomic models in the US, unless you get a Multiband model like the GW5500, the GW9000, the GW9100 or some other like these ones.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just picked up a MTG960 from JCPenny for a great price; great choice. It is not 5 band atomic so from what I know it picks up only US signal. JCP would probably ship to Sweden but you will probably get a North American version. If you stick with that model from the US you probably need to confirm then reconfirm it is a European model. Or get something that is 5 band atomic.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Need some help from all you experts (yeah I know, and I feel dirty already)! :roll:
water and soap should help...;-)

I want to buy a MTG960 but in Sweden it costs about 400 USD and that´s way to much for me! In the US however you apperently can get one for about 100 USD! Does anyone know a good, relieble web-store in the US that ships to Sweden? Could it be a problem buying an atomic in the US and using it in Europe?

buying and wearing an US model in europe shouldn't be much of a problem, unless of course you expect the thing to sync...

Any others problems I should take into consideration? Warranty, taxes etc? Ebay is not an option...
I wouldn't worry for one second about warranty, because a broken G is almost as likely as a lotto jackpot. I don't know anything about swedish tax laws, but probably you have to pay fees if buying outside the EU. within the EU, however there shouldn't be tax at all.

about ebay: I bought 90-95% of my watches via ebay (from all over the world) and never had a problem. its usually a reliable and cheap source and a fast one too. you really shouldn't worry about ebay, because nothing hurts a seller more than negative feedback and nf is never good for business.

I´m looking for a Casio that will do its service as a beater, have reversed display and preferrably atomic. Do you experts (I know, I know!) suggest any other model than the MTG960?
well, for a hard duty watch, I wouldn't consider a negative displayed watch the first choice, because its always harder to read than a positive displayed one. the MTG-960 is also too classy looking for a daily beater, its more kind of gem in my opinion.

however, if you are really looking for negative display/atomic/solar, I recommend the GW-810H:

http://www.g-shock.de/de/lineup/gw-810h-2er/

its resin strap is a lot more sufficient for a beater anyway, than a metal bracelet and this model also features a countdown timer, (only 60min. though, but still better than no at all) while the MTG-960 doesen't have one. The GW-810H is also 5 band atomic while the MTG-960 is only 2 band (Germany, UK). the watch is also very lightweigh, the straps wears extremly comfortable (after boiling ;) ) and the profile sits low on the wrist. it measures only 13,5 mm in thickness which is rather uncommon for a g-shock. and most important: the GW-810H has one of the best - if not THE best - legible negative displays I have seen to date, nevertheless still harder to read than a positive display

still, I would recommend the MTG-910 (aka MI:3 watch),

http://www.g-shock.de/de/lineup/mtg-910d-2ver/

besides the colour: functions, size, case and bracelet are exactly the same as the MTG-960 but with a lot better to read positive display. though only 2 band atomic and unfortunately no CDT either.

if you are looking for a good priced and reliable shop (no ebay, though the seller sells there too) I can highly recommed the following website:

http://www.my-watchshop.de/_py_G-Shock/c-38-46-0-0-0-0/

regards, holger

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the answers! Since the US version of the MTG960 doesn't work in Europe (yes, I want it to sync), it's an expensive hazzle to get it and it doesn't work that well as a beater I´ve started to look at the 7710 instead. Not atomic but negative display, loads of functions and after searching the forum it seems that it's quite popular among you guys. And it's cheap enough to buy from an AD in Sweden! :-!

Now for the new fly in the soup - my missus has been looking over my shoulder as I surf WUS and wants a beater of her own (besides me then!) BUT living where I live it's impossible to buy Baby-G's in this country!!! 'Maybe next year' the central-AD replied to an email from me. So that link to the german watch-store might come in handy anyway Cal..45... o|o|o|

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bumping my own thread here, sorry people!

None of the two AD's in my town has the G7710 in stock but tomorrow I'm probably going to the big city with loads of AD's...

Should I pull the trigger on the G7710?! :-s (it will be my first G!)

Been searching and reading all the threads on the forum and the only downside I´ve found so far is that the negative display might be harder to read but for situations where I need very very good legibility I have my trusty PRG40 with its huge digits! Anything I have overlooked?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Bumping my own thread here, sorry people!

None of the two AD's in my town has the G7710 in stock but tomorrow I'm probably going to the big city with loads of AD's...

Should I pull the trigger on the G7710?! :-s (it will be my first G!)

Been searching and reading all the threads on the forum and the only downside I´ve found so far is that the negative display might be harder to read but for situations where I need very very good legibility I have my trusty PRG40 with its huge digits! Anything I have overlooked?
unfortunately the reverse display is a little but hard to see in certain light and angle. i have the mudman 3v, with reverse display.

not sure bout the reverse display on the G7710 but the mudman i have will give u the idea of the reverse display.

its up to u if u want to buy the 7710. try it out personally and see how u like it:-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts