WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
just browsing Orsa watches and was wondering where one may acquire this watch. the model i am particularly interested in is the on with the black face

**pic borrowed off google**
http://www.justmywatches.com/private/watches/Orsa/orsa1.jpg

also if there are any quality issues I should know about. many thanks in advance
cheers
Ray:-!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I believe you can just go directly to their web site and place an order. I don't have the link or address to the site, but it's easily found via google. Good luck, they are pretty nice from what I've seen and read.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Having myself bought a black dial Orsa (only 50 were made, now sold out), I confirm that you need to purchase directly from Orsa's website. That said, I regularly see one or two being offered for sale on watch fora.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hi Ray,
The picture you linked to is a watch that was made using the dial of the black model (1 of 50) and the hands from the orange model (1 of 50). Both model were sold last year and are now sold out. You should be able to pick them up on the secondary market for around $3-$400.

As a previous owner of the black model my impressions were mixed on the quality. My watch had bad lug screws, loose bezel and wobbly crown. I was turned off by the lack of lume on my hour hand and the mineral crystal. It was a good size and weight but the negatives outweighed the positives after a few weeks.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Black dial version is sold out. Had one for a few months. Ok watch for the price. I have a new silver dial version for sale, only arrived two days ago. This is the new Swiss made one, but this one is only slightly better than the Asian made one and a disappointment to me after all the hype. Perfect bland watch with the sapphire upgrade but the bezel has far too much play, runs very smooth forward though at 120 clicks, but has 2 minutes play forward and back. The crown is wobly. I am selling as there is nothing in this watch that would excite me, if you are looking for a heavy large toolwatch, there is nothing (well not much) wrong with the Orsa, but expect nothing exciting. Most important though both Orsa Black and now Silver are running very precise and above average for a standard ETA 2824 watch.
Another deterrant is the very very bad customer service you get from Orsa, they will take your money, but don't ever expect to get an email answered, after their watch was 5 months late delivered.
My conclusion is, the new Swiss Made Orsa is still an Asian watch but assembeled in Switzerland and you get ok value for what you pay for, but don't expect anything big. My mistake was to expect something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts