WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really fell in love with this model and I like the design and the way it looks, however, it's expensive costing around 1500$, What do you think guys, is it worth it? in case I want to sell it in the future do you think it will hold value and sell fast? I'm not sure about the used market and the demand for this kind of watch?

Watch Rectangle Clock Gadget Watch accessory

Registered
I am not particularly enthralled by titanium as I prefer stainless and it's not my intent to hi-jack the OP's thread to start a discussion of the pros and cons of titanium vs stainless. I am just trying to answer whether it is worth it or not. IMPO it's not, even though it seems to be selling on the used market for over suggested retail.

Reed's is advertising a similar look but with a negative display for USD $600.

Watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory Gadget

Ok guys, I put my flame suit on, let me have it as you see fit.

馃崁Best Always
Celt

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not particularly enthralled by titanium as I prefer stainless and it's not my intent to hi-jack the OP's thread to start a discussion of the pros and cons of titanium vs stainless. I am just trying to answer whether it is worth it or not. IMPO it's not, even though it seems to be selling on the used market for over suggested retail.

Reed's is advertising a similar look but with a negative display for USD $600.

Ok guys, I put my flame suit on, let me have it as you see fit.

馃崁Best Always
Celt

I saw this model but the Titanium looks better and has Sapphire Crystal as well as less weight. Overall I like the design of the titanium but the only thing I'm worried about is if it's a bad investment in case I want to sell it in the future.

Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
I have the camo TI watch, and I like it. At a certain price point, though (1k and above?) the worth of watch becomes very subjective. I will say that the TI case offsets the typical heaviness of full metal squares, and it is comfortable. The BT functionality, though, is the same for all full metal squares.

If you like its appearance and functions, go for it. But more expensive G-Shocks and MR-Gs may be harder to sell without taking a big hit. You will be selling to a smaller market of G-Shock enthusiasts, so the demand will be lower. Most enthusiasts, I think, would rather just buy new than buy a slightly reduced price pricey G-Shock. You may have to reduce the price or just be patient to find the right buyer.

In a nutshell, buy the watch with the intention of keeping or being okay with taking a hit on the used market.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't comment on resell value but many owners here do really love the watch. While the TB is a limited edition, it is not a super limited like those Porters. We don't know (yet) for sure how many of TB were produced.
I searched on eBay but couldn't find any only 2 are displayed.

Registered
If you fancy it then it's worth it, simple as that. I had one and it was very nice. That said, I personally enjoy the GW-5k just as much, if not more, so this time around, when I was deciding which square to get, I knew it wasn't worth it to me. That said, IMO it'll keep its value and then some, so even though I would never propose thinking of a watch purchase as an investment it doesn't hurt to try it.

Registered
nope
all the features and tech come and go
what last forever are the titanium and the basic module to tell time
a DW-5000TB might be worth 1500 sushi, but I like resin better

Registered
I have the camo TI watch, and I like it. At a certain price point, though (1k and above?) the worth of watch becomes very subjective. I will say that the TI case offsets the typical heaviness of full metal squares, and it is comfortable. The BT functionality, though, is the same for all full metal squares.

If you like its appearance and functions, go for it. But more expensive G-Shocks and MR-Gs may be harder to sell without taking a big hit. You will be selling to a smaller market of G-Shock enthusiasts, so the demand will be lower. Most enthusiasts, I think, would rather just buy new than buy a slightly reduced price pricey G-Shock. You may have to reduce the price or just be patient to find the right buyer.

In a nutshell, buy the watch with the intention of keeping or being okay with taking a hit on the used market.
If you fancy it then it's worth it, simple as that. I had one and it was very nice. That said, I personally enjoy the GW-5k just as much, if not more, so this time around, when I was deciding which square to get, I knew it wasn't worth it to me. That said, IMO it'll keep its value and then some, so even though I would never propose thinking of a watch purchase as an investment it doesn't hurt to try it.
Well G-entlemen - you've taken the words out of my mouth. Said it better than I could have. I have nothing to add! 馃槻 (y)(y)

Registered
Here's my take, having owned a S/S GMW-5000, and bought the DLC bezel and bracelet and a resin band to give me multiple options.

The GMW-5000TB-1 that I now have made the steel version redundant. The Ti is much nicer to wear and the bracelet finishing better. I much prefer the predominantly matt bezel too. Feels like a higher quality product.

There's nothing wrong with the steel squares. On the contrary, they are fantastic squares. The Ti just feels more special.

I paid a slight premium for mine BNIB. Zero regrets.

Currently, I can't get a TB-1 in the UK for much less than 拢2,100. Thats nearly $3,000 US.

If you can pick one up new for $1,500, I wouldn't hesitate.

Registered
It is not worth it to most but it is worth it to some. Only you can determine if it's worth it to you. If you care about resale don't buy it new. Try to buy one used. If you are thinking about resale than you probably don't like the watch enough to buy it. Like @Ottovonn said because it is expensive for a G-Shock it's harder to sell but I believe you should be able sell it for a decent price. My real concern is if will be able to find it for $1500.

Registered
Fully agree with A.G. above.

Now for me there was no hesitation: I bought the full steel one. I would have considered TI for an additional ~200$ maybe.
TI is nice but you can get a full TI Oceanus for 500$, so asking an additional 1000$ to switch the case from steel to TI is completely unreasonable IMPO.

Registered
You like the look, but don't wanna drop $1500....

Registered
I really fell in love with this model and I like the design and the way it looks, however, it's expensive costing around 1500$, What do you think guys, is it worth it? in case I want to sell it in the future do you think it will hold value and sell fast? I'm not sure about the used market and the demand for this kind of watch?

View attachment 16122268
It鈥檚 not for you. You are interested in money and return. That鈥檚 not a watch made for that purpose. Get a Rol x

Premium Member
Looks good to me. If you like it, get it and enjoy!

Registered
Hard nope at that price, see them regularly going for $1kish in basically mint condition on the bay. Yeah, they're all listed for +$1500, but they aint selling for that.

FWIW pretty much ALL Casios, with the very rare exception and the even rarer unicorn buyer, massively decrease in value over pretty short periods of time. If you aren't buying a particular Casio to wear and have fun with (and by extension aren't OK with taking a BIG re$ale hit on), you probably shouldn't be buying that particular Casio.

Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - Casio G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman
No.

Reactions: tomchicago
1 - 20 of 42 Posts