WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
I'm not having much luck lately. My previous package has apparently been lost after arriving in my country. Of course it is insured delivery and Buyee will let Japan Post investigate, but that will take a while:

Thank you for using our service.

We apologize to keep you waiting for the package arrival.

At this point, we consider that there is a possibility of delay or lost happened in transit on delivery company side.

Therefore, we will file a claim to Japan Post Office to investigate your package status from now.

Please note that it may take several weeks to several months because the investigation will be taken between Japan Post office and the local post office of the destination.

If you receive the package while you are waiting for the result of the investigation, please kindly let us know.

Then I bought something from Mercari, and it wasn't being shipped. Now it has been cancelled all together, so Buyee refunded me.

Thank you for using our service.

Unfortunately, your successful purchase of the item below was cancelled for the following reason:
< <Canceled due to the convenience of the seller.>>

Any payments you have made so far will be refunded.

Plays sad violin music

·
Registered
112 Posts
damn, it's a shame.

as predicted, i bought something else, the watch is on it's way to buyee. i wouldn't normally buy something new this quickly again, but this watch was on my wishlist for a while and i never thought it's going to be available for purchase, unless i go to japan myself and roam around second hand watch stores. i searched for the model number and it popped up, so i had to get it. will post when i get it. the other purchase is a nighthawk bracelet. got a nighthawk havana on a local market, but, as it's almost always the case with the havana model, it comes on a leather strap. again, looked for the bracelet on buyee and got lucky. EVERYTHING IS COMING TOGETHER, GUYS.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
i wouldn't normally buy something new this quickly again, but this watch was on my wishlist for a while and i never thought it's going to be available for purchase, unless i go to japan myself and roam around second hand watch stores. i searched for the model number and it popped up, so i had to get it.
this will keep happening and you will convince yourself this is an opportunity you have to take, and that's how you end up addicted like the rest of us ;)

thankfully the seller intervened by cancelling my last purchase :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
112 Posts
well it's not my fault there are so many good watches! 😅 for example, i don't usually wear dressy watches, although i have few in my collection, but when i look at all the gorgeousness on buyee i just want to get them all. i won't, but i want to 🤣

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
I bought a parts watch from Mercari Japan.

I have an Seiko Elnix that is missing a case spring(sits in the case back and applies pressure to the movement ring) and movement ring. I guess a former owner had the battery changed and the battery changer forgot to put the stuff back. I wanted a broken one so that I did not have to take parts from a working watch to use on this watch. Of course with my luck, I will wind up with another working Elnix and still have to hunt for parts

Now the wait begins

Parts watch (sellers pics)

Watch Analog watch Clock Quartz clock Watch accessory
Badge Nickel Jewellery Currency Silver

Watch the donor parts are going to go in

Watch Brown Hand Analog watch Clock

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
My bad luck continued, when the missing package finally arrived, it turned out that the watch had left the poorly taped up bubble wrap and it was sliding around in the cardboard box.
Brown Packing materials Shipping box Yellow Rectangle

Fortunately it is a DLC coated watch, so the cardboard can't have done much damage, only the DLC parts rubbing against each other. I already feared something like this happening though. When I consolidate a package, even without buying "extra protective packaging" they put all the watches in a bigger box, and they stuff it full of cushioning plastic, so it always arrived safe and sound. Now I shipped a single watch, and they just reused the package it arrived in at their warehouse, and they didn't even bother taping it up properly after verifying the content. So while I am not too happy about Buyee, I can only blame myself for not preventing it, because pretty much the same thing happened to aafanatic, but fortunately for him that was also a DLC coated watch.
I skipped the repackaging service this time and my watch was shipped in an envelope without even bubble wrap:( The good news is that it arrived ok in spite(y)(y)

321 - 331 of 331 Posts