WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you buy two or more of the exact watch? Some models come in variations of different color dials, bracelet, strap, but they usually have the same case, movement and sometimes movement. I was looking into maybe doing this. The difference between the two watches would be strap/bracelet and different color of second hand. The dial,case,finish and movement are all the same. I know I could get an additional bracelet or strap and just swap as I please, but it's too much work.:)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^^^ The only thing crazy about that might the wife's reaction.:-d There is enough variation between the two watches to justify buying both. (Not taking brand into consideration)

The two watches I was looking into are these. I would do it all the time with handguns, but never have I done it with watches.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nice, what do you collect?
More like what don't I collect, that would be easier. I use the excuse that I have two kids so I need at least 2 of everything to pass down to them. Sometime I have three so I have to buy a fourth to make it even. At least that's what I tell the boss. :-d

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I would do that if I just had money to spare. The way things are now I rather buy different watch. I still have a ways to go to complete my collection. (as if it will ever truly be "complete")

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I'll never get two of the same watch model ... I'm also trying to limit myself to not more than two of the same watch brand (which I might break in the future ... most likely, with Omega).

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
How many of you buy two or more of the exact watch? Some models come in variations of different color dials, bracelet, strap, but they usually have the same case, movement and sometimes movement. I was looking into maybe doing this. The difference between the two watches would be strap/bracelet and different color of second hand. The dial,case,finish and movement are all the same. I know I could get an additional bracelet or strap and just swap as I please, but it's too much work.:)

what I do is flip/sell off a watch and then decide I really liked it and end up buying the same model again, ughhh drives me nuts.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've done it with just one watch. It was my first automatic and is still one of my favorites after buying many other great watches. It is a low cost watch so buying double was easy. The 2nd one was intended as a backup in case I ever lost the 1st one. Then I decided to put on a silicon band as an alternative.

My other favorites (Oris, Tag Heuer, Baume & Mercier) are too expensive for me to justify backups.

A pair of Invicta Abyss MOP

I also bought some other variations:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have>>>>>>

reason: I like them! I have two Submariners - a 16610 [w/ date] and 14060, no date. I also have two Omega GMT's: a black and a white dial.

I prefer dive watches in general. I may eventually pick up a Sea Dweller.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts